Forums General Suggestions To Linden Lab Area

Paulsian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a suggestion but I don't want to log into jira to suggest. I don't mind my suggestions here to be public. Suggestions in jira I would consider more private although they are initially set to public, which is strange to me; not everyone uses jira anyways. 

My suggestion to Linden Lab Marketing to increase traffic to their Youtube page, likely dramatically is to diversify hashtags. They are all the same (which is fine but add more; use all of them with keywords that apply to the video). for the new linden home theme video the words #Japanese #Asian #World #Building #Social #Home #House #Education for example. Experiment with more wording. 

• Haha 2

I guess it's possible videos have more than 3 guess that's the limit youtube will show but can have up to 15 and the others are hidden anymore it ignores them all? would research if not already. 

Google itself – the owner of YouTube – has stated that if you use more than 15 hashtags on your video, it’ll ignore all hashtags, making the addition absolutely pointless. You’ll only want to use 1-2 hashtags in your video title, and only the first three hashtags in your description will appear above your video title.

Lot of conflicting info regarding how many tags a video can have. 

Edited by Paulsian
  • Haha 1

my experience is that people want to log in and play, and that's it. 
But not really the way SL works well for them.

A bit the same "we" seen during the years with inworld "issues""  dont read manuals, or join support groups, but get desperate and place bad reviews, and come to the forums to ask the obvious ( hoping others did read the manual and can answer)

And no that's not negative meant, it's how many people "are" (me too)

• Like 3

On 5/28/2022 at 10:51 AM, Paulsian said:

My suggestion to Linden Lab Marketing to increase traffic to their Youtube page, likely dramatically is to diversify hashtags. 

There are far bigger powers in play when it comes to the inner workings of the mighty YT algorithm than simple "hashtags", this advice wouldn't even have worked a decade ago, let alone today.

The only way LL, a corporation selling a product, can boost their visibility on YT is by paying YT considerable sums of money or directly sponsoring individual independent video producers. They are highly unlikely to organically develop a large following, nor are they likely to gain the algorithms favor and see a spontaneous surge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

i just think if they do use as many hash tags that relates to the content within the allowable limit will increase traffic, otherwise, does not commute more difficult for traffic to find them if they only use 5 words total to describe their content. use 10 more words that specifically apply will increase traffic. 3D for one. 

15 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

i just think if they do use as many hash tags that relates to the content within the allowable limit will increase traffic, otherwise, does not commute more difficult for traffic to find them if they only use 5 words total to describe their content. use 10 more words that specifically apply will increase traffic. 3D for one. 

hashtag or keyword spamming will degrade your visibility.

YT analyses the actual spoken content of videos with an AI model and that itself has an impact. We're way way past simple keywords.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2022 at 4:46 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

hashtag or keyword spamming will degrade your visibility.

YT analyses the actual spoken content of videos with an AI model and that itself has an impact. We're way way past simple keywords.

Guess I was trying to figure out the viewer numbers bottleneck. It would not be spamming if the tags matched the content and was within quantity limits. Seems like maybe the yt spoken thing is "broke" for sl? and more hashtags would reach more viewers? 

I not a fan of how digital companies can try to ruin anyone they want anytime they want & for any reason so being leery regarding yt and hashtags is wise.

I'm pretty sure that is the problem. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.