Upgrade to Catwa HDPro - From Lona head to Flona Head?

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Shades of "Lisa Left Eye Lopes"!

LOL, sorry for taking over your thread with this btw, but...at least you can get a taste of some handy features while I work this out! 😂

Speaking of which - have ya demoed your head yet?!?!

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2022 at 2:12 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

I want to upgrade LoveXiaoying's Catwa head to HDPro.  Currently LoveX has a Catwa head, and I think that what I want is an HDPro head.

I am using the Lona head. Would the "Flona" head be the best (closest) replacement?

The reason I am looking into this is the greater facelight controls, etc. The current facelight causes a mask-like "always reflecting" on the skin, which I hope is lessened with the HDPro's variable facelight.

I believe that LoveX uses an Angel Rock Chikelu (Dark Chocolate 1.0) skin, hoping that works the same with the HDPro.   Maybe I am looking at this backwards, and should start with the Angel Rock products to see what new heads they support?

It took a long time to choose this look, with a lot of advice from Forumites. I want to keep the same "look" as closely as possible.

I am grateful for advice on this!

In case anyone asks: The reason I want to use the facelight is I want shiny skin.

(Let's not rehash why I want to be a beautiful black woman with shiny skin.)

I'm not familiar with Flona, but one of my alts uses Catwa Queen and I love it,. The facelight is super-easy to control from the hud.

Just fyi, Genus skins work extremely well on HD Pro, but old Catwa skins (pre-HD Pro) don't. So take care if the skin is labelled for Catwa; if it's old, it won't work well; go for the Genus fit instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

LOL, sorry for taking over your thread with this btw, but...at least you can get a taste of some handy features while I work this out! 😂

Speaking of which - have ya demoed your head yet?!?!

Didn't go well, perhaps because..

38 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I'm not familiar with Flona, but one of my alts uses Catwa Queen and I love it,. The facelight is super-easy to control from the hud.

Just fyi, Genus skins work extremely well on HD Pro, but old Catwa skins (pre-HD Pro) don't. So take care if the skin is labelled for Catwa; if it's old, it won't work well; go for the Genus fit instead.

So, I need to get and try some newer skins. Looks like the skin maker (too lazy to scroll and find in my post) doesn't exist anymore, so only see the same / older skins on MP (no HD updates).

23 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Didn't go well, perhaps because..

So, I need to get and try some newer skins. Looks like the skin maker (too lazy to scroll and find in my post) doesn't exist anymore, so only see the same / older skins on MP (no HD updates).

I wonder if I'm using an HDPro skin. I genuinely have no idea LOL. Lemme check. Please hold...I shall update this post when I get you the answer.

*elevator music*

Okay back!

Yes, apparently I AM wearing an old Velour HDPro skin. 

Hop over to Nuve - see if you like what's in the VIP Group Gift area behind the counter. I don't think the group is free at the moment (sometimes it is), but I believe some of her gifts are HDPro. And also, peep that Flickr link I sent you for more options!

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
We thank you for your patience!
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I did not find a lot in MP using keywords Catwa, HDPro, Black, skin.

This is one of the few results that may be close to what I want:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MAZE-Chantal-skin-Catwa-HDProbody-Tone-14/23290108

Any thoughts? Or advice on searching better?

Demo that one - it's pretty!

As for advice - yeah, get off the MP, lol. I can't recommend skin shopping on there unless you're going for old gacha skins or discontinued items. It's just too clunky.

Flickr is way, way better, if you don't want to shop in-world. Use "Catwa" or "HDPro" as a keyword and browse the photos, or flip over to the Group tab and see if you can find more targeted photo galleries.

But honestly, I find the majority of my skins just browsing some well-known stores that sell skins in my preferred tone - Pumec, Moccino Beaute, Ives Beauty, ItGirls, Nuve, Bold & Beauty, Raonhausen, Tres Beau, etc. I grab demos from all over and try them on at home.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Demo that one - it's pretty!

As for advice - yeah, get off the MP, lol. I can't recommend skin shopping on there unless you're going for old gacha skins or discontinued items. It's just too clunky.

Flickr is way, way better, if you don't want to shop in-world. Use "Catwa" or "HDPro" as a keyword and browse the photos, or flip over to the Group tab and see if you can find more targeted photo galleries.

But honestly, I find the majority of my skins just browsing some well-known stores that sell skins in my preferred tone - Pumec, Moccino Beaute, Ives Beauty, ItGirls, Nuve, Bold & Beauty, Raonhausen, Tres Beau, etc. I grab demos from all over and try them on at home.

How do you apply face skins these days? Still need Omega appliers? The one I linked only mentions BOM for the body.

I did notice a lot of tutorials over at the Catwa HD store.

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How do you apply face skins these days? Still need Omega appliers? The one I linked only mentions BOM for the body.

I did notice a lot of tutorials over at the Catwa HD store.

Ew Omega, no. 

BOM, bayyyybeeee! Just stick with BOM. Put on your body skin and then put on the face skin on top (just in case there's neck shading/blending).

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Ew Omega, no. 

BOM, bayyyybeeee! Just stick with BOM. Put on your body skin and then put on the face skin on top (just in case there's neck shading/blending).

Ah, so the BOM skins work with those fancy mesh "heads" you kids wear these days! Go figure.

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ah, so the BOM skins work with those fancy mesh "heads" you kids wear these days! Go figure.

Yup, I'm 100% BOM except for applier eyes (usually) and the occasional HD applier makeup (which works fine on top of a BOM skin).

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2022 at 10:00 AM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

The HDPro allows you to apply two completely different eye textures to the left and right eye, which is something I do frequently and cannot accomplish with Lelutka as Lel only applies textures to both simultaneously.

Maybe in the standard line, but I can apply different eye textures with my EvoX head within the Lel HUD.

7 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Maybe in the standard line, but I can apply different eye textures with my EvoX head within the Lel HUD.

I wonder if you can get eye textures that are "off-center", to give you a lazy eye, or be cross-eyed, etc. You know, like Marty Feldman. "Strabismus", TIL!

https://www.quora.com/How-many-famous-actors-actresses-have-strabismus

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Check my experiment posted a bit further down where I tried doing it between Madame Noir and Pumec. I posted photos.

To clarify - the eye textures in the Lel HUD will apply to only one eye. However, I'm trying to use an eye from one third-party store combined with a whole different eye from another.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, colleen Criss said:

Maybe unlinking the eyes on the HUD?

I just found an official response (from a Lel CSR) in their Discord Help-Lobby channel that explains the issue in more depth. @Rowan Amore, you were completely on the right track!! The Left/Right buttons on the third-party HUD are indeed the solution. Thank you! ❤️

"It's a setting in the applier when they [the eye creators] create it. If the applier doesn't ask you which eye you want to apply to, then it doesn't have that ability." 

And

"You'd need to get 3rd party appliers. Either Omega, (Making sure to also get the Lelutka Omega applier kit from MP and installing that to the eyes), or asking the potential creator that you're going to buy from if they have their Lelutka Evolution eyes applier hud if it has left/right options."

So, Catwa's third-party appliers work without needing all that, but Lel's will not - they need to be set up with Left/Right buttons in the creator's HUD itself. Mystery solved!

It's fine, though. I use Catwa like...99% of the time anyway. But at least now I know how to shop if I want to do it on Lel, too.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.