Best type of Avatar, I know there are many right answers but I an confused to HECK

SheMakesYou

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

25 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The $L 1 Akeruka heads are good if you're used to Lelutka or thinking of buying a Lelutka head, yet are hesitant to spend nearly $L 4000 on a mesh head. The Akeruka heads and their HUDs are similar to Lelutka (much as LucyBody is similar to Maitreya), but they're not quiet as easy to use. It costs $L 150 to join the group, so the cost is more like $L 151 if you're not in the group already. Akeruka has a history of offering $L 1 group gift heads twice a year though, so the join fee is still a good deal. Their AK ADV heads are compatible with Lelutka Evolution skins and BOM layers. Their AK AVDX heads are compatible with Lelutka EvoX skins and BOM layers. Neither are compatible with Lelutka appliers.

Thanks, I did join. Yes, 1L +150L nearly caught me but I asked in world and someone let me pick their profile for the group and explained the 150L on the plus side, twice a year 1l offers sounds good.
So much good advice, thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

OK, more time has passed.
Straight away, still THANKS ALL, so much help and I actually understand a lot more now, I am so old and mature, *Laughs* 

I am still with Lucy and Genus, I did get the 1LS head but been busy.

I run a couple of avatars, the Mistress one is fantastic with Lucy and Genus most stuff fits well and it looks so good. OK, no bit butt or breasts but that is me!!!

My other main Avatar in on the other end of a Mistress, she is also Lucy and Genus (Yes, I  do seem  to be sticking with this for a while) and she works well. It actually helps with the RP  as Mistress does not have to same options she has with more common/popular avatars so they get special effects etc, I get to improve my RP. Result *Smiles painfully, then giggles*

Without checking I am abut 3 months, just under, and most of the time, thanks to your help and a lot of frustrating days and long nights playing and practicing ( I must have made the Classic Mesh body 20 times from scratch ) I can now bumble along quite well. Even without my pages of scribbled notes.

What have I learned.
Obviously, there in no one answer, you made sure I knew that, also the right answer will change over time.

Not being afraid to ask for help.

Naria's channel is mind blowing, I am sure there are others, but in the dark hours, I still hear her voice just telling it how it is, from her view point and why, very important.

You don't need a lot of Lindens to get a good Avatar, not a perfect avatar but good one, well two now.

Time, lots of time and lots of practice, yes them and an big bag of swear words, they were used occasionally. One night even tears, I had spent so long getting it "perfect" I used Wear instead of Add and had to start all over.
(Now I know I did not have to but then my world fell apart. So silly really but I was so focused at the time and Bang! *smiles now, looking back*

I use CTS Wardrobe for my outfits, fantastic, no I don't sell it or get any commission, it is just so good I think. (You do need to use Youtube videos to learn it well I did) .
Learnt a bit about RLV from that as well, maybe I will wright some scripts someday as well.

Last one, come back here and re-read the answers, goes back to the top, What I Have Learned, with time and experience, you understand more and well the right answer may change. I did not start with Lucy, great Avatar for me now. 

Attached One of me Lucy and Genus and 2+ months hard work. *Smiles again*

THANKS all.

Lucy Now.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AutumnDove Azalee said:

Do you perhaps have a link to Naria's channel?

Naria Panthar is only one of many good SL YouTubers. Some people like her way of telling things how she see them, while others might think she's opinionated and rude. Whether one likes her videos or not is largely a matter of taste.

Don't miss checking out the new user videos at the official Second Life YouTube channel.

Strawberry Linden used to be "just" Second Life blogger with a YouTube channel, but she was very good at creating SL videos and blog posts, so she ended up getting hired by Linden Lab. Boston Blaisdale seems to be going the same route now. His Second Life videos are excellent, especially for male avatars.

Billiorki also has good videos aimed primarily at male and newbie SL users. He has fewer than Boston Blaisdale, but his are still good.

You can find good YouTube videos by doing a YouTube search for "Second Life", filter your search to only show videos from the last year, and then don't look at videos that seem to be trolling. Subscribe to the channels you like best. Some are in other languages too.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Naria Panthar is only one of many good SL YouTubers. Some people like her way of telling things how she see them, while others might think she's opinionated and rude. Whether one likes her videos or not is largely a matter of taste.

Don't miss checking out the new user videos at the official Second Life YouTube channel.

Strawberry Linden used to be "just" Second Life blogger with a YouTube channel, but she was very good at creating SL videos and blog posts, so she ended up getting hired by Linden Lab. Boston Blaisdale seems to be going the same route now. His Second Life videos are excellent, especially for male avatars.

Billiorki also has good videos aimed primarily at male and newbie SL users. He has fewer than Boston Blaisdale, but his are still good.

You can find good YouTube videos by doing a YouTube search for "Second Life", filter your search to only show videos from the last year, and then don't look at videos that seem to be trolling. Subscribe to the channels you like best. Some are in other languages too.

I can only agree, she has her own mind and tells it like she sees it. I found her to be great. I put the link here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NariaPanthar

I think that if she coverers something that you need, it is worth starting with her.
There are so many good videos out there.  I find that I use "YouTube" more than I do user guides these days.
Mind you there is some real (not good) stuff to avoid.

Hope this helps you as much as it did me.  Good Luck

Edited by SheMakesYou
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AutumnDove Azalee said:

Do you perhaps have a link to Naria's channel?

She covers a lot, if she covers something you want to do, she is a really good start, also if you get questions, she will answer. Not always straight away she is often busy.
She tells it how she sees it. I liked her attitude and honesty, I hope she helps you as much as she did me. Good Luck

https://www.youtube.com/c/NariaPanthar

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I want to keep this alive a  bit longer.

I have the Lucy Body V24,. V28 is out so I will update.

I did buy a Maitreya body for one of my Avatars and I am a little sad I did. WHY?
Well so far, a month or so later I have found no compelling reason for having done so.

It works well, so does Lucy

Clothes fit well, so do clothes for Lucy.

I am sure I will find something but not yet. 
I have not done a lot with her yet though.

OK, so maybe you made this change, Why is the Maitreya body better?

P.S. Still happy with my choices and the help you all gave.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SheMakesYou said:

OK, so maybe you made this change, Why is the Maitreya body better?

Clothes are actually rigged for it, as opposed to being "experimental" or "useable with a workaround." The anatomy - hands, feet, general sculpting - is better. The nails, by several order of magnitudes. The breasts are shaped better and have the option of the Petite add-on. 

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 3

Well already I have some answers.

I can agree the ankles, Lucy is a bit odd. Nails I am starting to play but not been too adventuress yet.

I quite like my Lucy breasts but I will look closer at the differences now.

Still like Lucy, we all have different expectations, but now looking in a  bit more focused and critical way, TY.

Agree the standard Lucy nails are a bit lackluster. Not played so much with the other. Will now!!

Thank you. It is good to get something to look out for.

1 hour ago, SheMakesYou said:

Well already I have some answers.

I can agree the ankles, Lucy is a bit odd. Nails I am starting to play but not been too adventuress yet.

I quite like my Lucy breasts but I will look closer at the differences now.

Still like Lucy, we all have different expectations, but now looking in a  bit more focused and critical way, TY.

Agree the standard Lucy nails are a bit lackluster. Not played so much with the other. Will now!!

Thank you. It is good to get something to look out for.

Try this.. Go to the MP and do a search for Lucybody and see if 1500 items come up in total on the side categories on the Left side, that are made for it..

Then do a search for Maitreya and see the wide range of things made for it.. A good big difference is, The Lucybody can use some of Maitreya things but not all..

Lucybody is a good body, I have it.. I think if you are happy with it, that's all that matters.. you will still find more than enough stuff that works..

It's a good body for new users as well..it gives them a nice range of things to find for it..

Just have to make sure things work for the lucybody before buying anything, because much isn't made for it, so have to really demo or no buy..

ETA: Really a good rule anyways with any body is, No DEMO or No BUY

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

Ellie4042, love you. 

I agree about demos however there are so many Maitreya and other popular bodies out there almost no need but other esoteric ones, absolutely.

Same with heads, a lot of models that I don't like so I would have to demo, look, fit etc.

P.S. you met Earl?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.