"Despite our best efforts"

charlieb79

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Can anyone please help me with this? I almost want to quit second life because of this issue. I guess for the  past 2 weeks or so it keeps getting harder and harder for me to login to Second Life through my Firestorm Viewer. At first it was only maybe once or twice a day when attempting to login I got the "despite our best efforts" message. Now it is every single time I try logging in. I have tried every single thing I could find on this forum plus whatever I could find on Google. I am no computer whiz by any means but for the most part I understand. Is there something I am missing if so please explain in not too technical terms if possible. I am not a genius by any means but I am definitely not a dumb dumb either😉

7 answers to this question

Most often, a message like that is telling you that there's a problem with your Internet connection.  Sometimes it's on LL's end.  If so, there will generally be a note in the Grid Status blog to explain it, because it's affecting a lot of people.  Usually, though, the problem is on your own end.  The place to look for a problem is your router or modem.  Reboot both of them by disconnecting them from the power for a minute or so.  Then plug them back in and restart everything.  That will generally solve the problem.  If you have been using a wifi connection, consider either using a direct cable connection to the router or -- if that's not possible -- at least getting closer to the router. wifi signals drop off in strength asd are easily blocked or scrambled by walls and other obstacles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, charlieb79 said:

It is very frustrating.

I imagine so.  Unlike some games you may have played on the Internet, SL depends on a connection that is very reliable and stable. If your connection is weak or jittery, you can lose connection easily, even though the connection is fine for most other things you are doing.

i have tried all of the above. I even uninstalled Firestorm and downloaded an earlier version. I was able to login so I thought it was going to be the new version of Firestorm, but when i logged off then tried logging back in later the same thing is happening again.

50 minutes ago, charlieb79 said:

i have tried all of the above. I even uninstalled Firestorm and downloaded an earlier version. I was able to login so I thought it was going to be the new version of Firestorm, but when i logged off then tried logging back in later the same thing is happening again.

It might be helpful to post your specs.  On the top menu, Help/About Firestorm

Edited by Rowan Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.