Looking for fantastic hair

AnthonyJoanne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've just spent the day looking at every long hair on the MP to no avail.

What I'm looking for is fantastic hair in the actual meaning of the word:

Fantastic
adjective

a. Based on or existing only in fantasy
b. Strange or fanciful in form, conception, or appearance

So not 'good' or 'great' or any of the other misuses of the term fantastic. I chose the word very specifically. I'm not particularly looking for 'fantasy' hair eg a normal hairstyle with horns, or the like.

I'm looking for hair that is very long, or very big, or very full. Preferably all three.

I'm looking for hair that is not an attempt to capture standard RL hair.

I'm looking for crazy or wild or outrageous hair. But it's got to be MESH for this project. Preferably rigged mesh.

I hope I'm not coming across as picky, I just want to save people time recommending shops which don't really apply.

Can anyone suggest a store or stores that I might try?

Raven Bell has some pretty unusual hair, but I'd recommend only checking in world. Their marketplace store is really limited.  I got some incredibly long braids from that store last year, and they have some unique coloring options for their hair.

EscalateD does some really poofy hair (think Amy Winehouse bouffant).

I second Vanity Hair.

I think the weirdest hair in SL is from Curious Kitties: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/13404?search[category_id]=17&search[maturity]=General&search[page]=1&search[per_page]=96&search[sort]=created_at_desc&search[store_id]=13404

Alli & Ali also have some really out there hairs too, but their textures look like they're from 2008, even though the hair is mesh.

I second checking out EscalateD on MP and in world.  They have some wild styles but, more importantly, they have wild HUDs that let you recolor any of their newer hairstyles to a high degree of customization. This free PRIDE Universal HUD is a good example. There are some free hairstyles available in their shop as well, a couple $L 50 specials and many free group gifts with a $L 100 group join fee. They also have a nice free hair at the Free Dove. The texture of the hair is not highly detailed, but I like their hair for fantasy styles more than for detailed realism. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.