How To Find Phantom Objects and...

Red52

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello- can someone please tell me an easy way to find phantom objects on your parcel?  I don't know the name of it, can't see it, but keep getting stopped by it.  I am using the latest version of Firestorm.  Also- how can you make phantom sides/ parts (for example, on a floor/ wall) be seen?  Thank you!

Making transparent things visible? Hold down CTRL + ALT + T keys at the same time. (Mac users click OPTION for CTRL... I think.)

Phantom does have another meaning in SL (meaning the prim isn't solid - and you'd fall / walk through it). I surmised from what you wrote that you mean transparent...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emma Krokus said:

Making transparent things visible? Hold down CTRL + ALT + T keys at the same time. (Mac users click OPTION for CTRL... I think.)

Phantom does have another meaning in SL (meaning the prim isn't solid - and you'd fall / walk through it). I surmised from what you wrote that you mean transparent...

I forgot to mention - holding down the same keys again will turn the transparency highlight - which is a faint red - off again.

Edited by Emma Krokus
needs more coffee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if the OP's problem could be a physics shape that gets in the way. Those prevent avatar movement but don't show with Alt-Ctrl-T. The easiest way to deal with the problem is to make a new prim, link the offending object to it with the new prim as root prim, and set the physics type of the whole linkset except to root prim to none.

You can make physics shapes visible by clicking Developer|Render Metadata|Physics Shapes. The view then shows all physics shapes, and it's hard for me to pick out the one I'm interested in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2022 at 1:29 AM, Red52 said:

Hello- can someone please tell me an easy way to find phantom objects on your parcel?  I don't know the name of it, can't see it, but keep getting stopped by it.  I am using the latest version of Firestorm.  Also- how can you make phantom sides/ parts (for example, on a floor/ wall) be seen?  Thank you!

If you mean phantom prims or ghost prims, I think you can use the Objects button in your About Parcel window. It's been awhile since I've done this, so I've forgotten exactly how to find them. These are regular prims that have been manipulated (what we used to call tortured) in such a way that they seem to disappear, yet they don't show up under Show Invisible.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.