PLEASE HELP!!

annabethxox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I believe I am experiencing a glitch with my avatar. A skin is stuck on my avatar that I am not even wearing so it should not show but it is. It has been like this for weeks and numerous people have tried to help but cannot figure out why a skin is showing that's not even on. I can see it is stuck on by the textures when I right click myself. I see it under baked textures and it won't go away. The skins that I want to wear and are actually wearing is under composite. How do I fix this?

5 minutes ago, annabethxox said:

I believe I am experiencing a glitch with my avatar. A skin is stuck on my avatar that I am not even wearing so it should not show but it is. It has been like this for weeks and numerous people have tried to help but cannot figure out why a skin is showing that's not even on. I can see it is stuck on by the textures when I right click myself. I see it under baked textures and it won't go away. The skins that I want to wear and are actually wearing is under composite. How do I fix this?

you have to Replace a system skin with another system skin.  Shape, skin, eyes, browbase are the 4 elements that you can not remove, only replace.

1 minute ago, annabethxox said:

Welcome to the Second Life forums. 

I am assuming you are using a mesh avatar. This video might help if what I think is happening is happening to you. Have a look particularly at 5:29 onwards in this video.

Other answers will follow.

13 minutes ago, annabethxox said:

Hey! Welcome aboard sweetie, yea can only suggest what Rowan said, try and replace the skin with another.

The vid that Mari posted is great, I used it last week too.

Hope it works it's self out hun x

On 3/16/2022 at 3:02 PM, Rowan Amore said:

you have to Replace a system skin with another system skin.  Shape, skin, eyes, browbase are the 4 elements that you can not remove, only replace.

I know but physically a skin is stuck on. I don't even have it on but its stuck. I can see it because when I right click textures on myself I can see the textures that are stuck under bake on mesh. the layers I want to wear are under composite.

• Like 1

Can you show a picture of your issue?  

BOM for the body is either a system layer or a tattoo layer.   Often, there is not defined face texture that matches the body so the face will look odd.  This is because most skin creators for head are using a tattoo layer.  One system body layer, multiple options for the face tattoo layer.  A few creators still do Complete body/face system layer.  7Deadly skins does this.  

I use ItGirls.  They do a BOM (system layer) body skin and sell their face (head skin) as a tattoo layer.

This is me with only the BOM (system layer) without the facial tattoo layer.

384eaa1c6a37a6530002bee7f64af365.png.99209bc721d0548a970709ce596b843a.png

This is me after adding the facial tattoo layer from ItGirls that matches my skin tone.

5741ede4d6b965ea2ed699831244470f.png.b879779cc90f2618b187aa7616dc53a9.png

• Like 1

@annabethxox  It is possible you are mixing up an Applier and a BOM body. Doing it the BOM way with an Applier body will produce the result you are seeing.

BOM bodies are recognized by the viewer and the viewer avoids rendering the classic body. Thus no skin from under is ever poking through. But you or the creator has to enable BOM. Otherwise the classic body is rendered.

Applier bodies require you wear a set of alpha layers on the classic body. The skin texture is applied to the mesh applier body. So, you do not see the skin listed anywhere in the list of what you are wearing. That is a problem with appliers.

Bodies that swing both ways (do applier or BOM depending on a HUD setting) will do this if you forget to enable the body's BOM feature.

Edited by Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.