Over 20 AFK AVIS where I own land

Iceman Pinazzo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 863 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am at my wits end with a neighbor that keeps over 20 avis on display 20/7 because the minute people start coming to the region it gets full and no one can enter it. Since last year, we sent abuse reports and recently contacted LL support who refuses to intervene.  We looked into moving, but adult lands are ridiculously expensive.  My wife is closing her premium membership, in our 14 some years of sl we never have been so stressed with the lack of respect and consideration. Maybe Adriana is right and we should look elsewhere in the metaverse to hangout.  Has anyone else dealt with a similar issue? Any suggestions? I love sl and rather stay here.

41 minutes ago, Iceman Pinazzo said:

I am at my wits end with a neighbor that keeps over 20 avis on display 20/7 because the minute people start coming to the region it gets full and no one can enter it. Since last year, we sent abuse reports and recently contacted LL support who refuses to intervene.  We looked into moving, but adult lands are ridiculously expensive.  My wife is closing her premium membership, in our 14 some years of sl we never have been so stressed with the lack of respect and consideration. Maybe Adriana is right and we should look elsewhere in the metaverse to hangout.  Has anyone else dealt with a similar issue? Any suggestions? I love sl and rather stay here.

I'm confused. Where do you live? I thought the limit was 40 on mainland sims and 100 on homesteads? Which i have always thought was odd seeing as mainland should be more travelled than a homestead island. I never understood why all sims didnt get 100. But even at 40, that gives 20 to play with..

I do get your point though, have you thought of renting from a private estate rather than LL? You could always keep the linden home and rent somewhere. Personally, I rent from an estate. Couldn't afford premium when i started and now dont see the point as i would have to move everything and as you point out, mainland has a very small avatar limit. 

Have you looked at the land covenant? Are bots allowed there? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

There are no covenants on mainland unless you might be RENTING and even then it would be a rental agreement.  

image.png.61b9a5b2ccd3ac4807456d76c47682f8.png

I went to several mainland areas including Horizons which did originally have a "code" if not a  covenant but that has apparently been gone for a very long time (still, I checked).    

Anyone can do anything on mainland as long as it isn't against the TOS or any other Linden policies.  The beauty and the plight of mainland.   Renting is good. You can move when you want to or need to.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

https://gyazo.com/a2c2f469f51696b4f7c8f98eec49d5da   You also mentioned that there 20 more avis can enter the region. However, there are other owners and they also have the right to receive visitors.  I didn't think of renting. That's an option and frees me up from premium fees. Thanks.

Edited by Iceman Pinazzo
Add more info

4 minutes ago, Iceman Pinazzo said:

I am in mainland Tyrell Mono   https://gyazo.com/a2c2f469f51696b4f7c8f98eec49d5da  where 40 avis are allowed. Since the neighbor keeps 20 + AFK avis, there are 20 open spots for everyone else. 

Just now, Iceman Pinazzo said:

https://gyazo.com/a2c2f469f51696b4f7c8f98eec49d5da   You also mentioned that there 20 more avis can enter the region. However, there are other owners and they also have the right to receive visitors. 

I was not implying that they were in any way in the right. Just the opposite actually. I personally find bots that serve no purpose something that should not be allowed. 

I would definitely be moving if i were you. Find a nice quiet estate and set up shop there. I live on one and have my store in a skybox above my home. Works just fine. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

was not implying that they were in any

I did not get from your response at all. Sound like you were asking for more info, and I am glad I asked for help here as I did not considered renting (but I will miss some of premium perks 😂). Still, there are pros and cons to both. I will think it further. Thanks very much for responding.

56 minutes ago, Iceman Pinazzo said:

I did not get from your response at all. Sound like you were asking for more info, and I am glad I asked for help here as I did not considered renting (but I will miss some of premium perks 😂). Still, there are pros and cons to both. I will think it further. Thanks very much for responding.

I'd check.first if the person owns or is renting their parcel.  Since it's an adult mainland region, chances are good it's only a rental.  They may up and leave soon.  I have rentals on both sides of me on adult mainland.  People have come and gone in the year I've been there.  

• Like 1

He everyone, thank you for all the feedback. I decided to move (and I am not happy about it). I think LL needs to update its TOS with regards to AFK places in mainland (6-8 avis AFK is do not cause the issues the 20 or 30 avis cause), these places with 20 or more AFK avis infringe on others right to have visitor to their land. LL suggestion "Repost as Abuse," does not work as we have been reposting it since 2009.  Anyhow, I hate moving. It takes lots of $L (land has gotten so expensive) and it's time consuming taking objects from current land, rezzing and placing all the items on the new land. I wish there was a platform in metaverse as good as SL so that I could take my business elsewhere. Sadly, I doubt it any metaverse platform will even come close to SL.   

26 minutes ago, Iceman Pinazzo said:

He everyone, thank you for all the feedback. I decided to move (and I am not happy about it). I think LL needs to update its TOS with regards to AFK places in mainland (6-8 avis AFK is do not cause the issues the 20 or 30 avis cause), these places with 20 or more AFK avis infringe on others right to have visitor to their land. LL suggestion "Repost as Abuse," does not work as we have been reposting it since 2009.  Anyhow, I hate moving. It takes lots of $L (land has gotten so expensive) and it's time consuming taking objects from current land, rezzing and placing all the items on the new land. I wish there was a platform in metaverse as good as SL so that I could take my business elsewhere. Sadly, I doubt it any metaverse platform will even come close to SL.   

If they arent registered bots you can AR them, i think.. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 863 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.