What in the hello-kitty is Fitmesh?

JadeLQuinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok so I have a lot of wedding coming up and the lack of formal clothing, especially for Kupra, is really sad. I am sick of seeing that same cut of dress re-done over and over again. it kinda makes me want to cry in frustration. So I came across a shop and I found dresses I like, however, they are mostly...fitmesh. Everyone I talk to has a diff Idea of what fitmesh is. Can someone please, give me the rundown on what it is, and weather or not it will work with Kupra..... I will also take store suggestions for kupra gowns.

The concept of "fitmesh" is that it Just Works. The clothing responds to all the avatar sliders. With regular mesh, the customer has to fiddle with the sliders to get clothing to fit.

If fitmesh doesn't fit perfectly, it's the creator's fault. Thus, it's unpopular with creators.

1 hour ago, animats said:

The concept of "fitmesh" is that it Just Works. The clothing responds to all the avatar sliders. With regular mesh, the customer has to fiddle with the sliders to get clothing to fit.

If fitmesh doesn't fit perfectly, it's the creator's fault. Thus, it's unpopular with creators.

Yikes, its sounds like a bad idea all the way around. 

For a very technical explanation see this -> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Rigging_Fitted_Mesh

But the gist is fitmesh is any mesh clothing that is rigged to the avatar bones in a way that allows for the clothing to respond to the body sliders. Since we have an abundance of mesh body options that also means that creators have to rig their fashion items to various bodies because the way clothing interacts with the avatar bones will vary between bodies. It's highly unlikely you've worn any mesh clothing with your Kupra body that isn't fitmesh. We mostly use the term rigged mesh, which might be what is confusing you. But they are the same thing. "Regular" (unrigged) mesh is pretty much useless for clothing because it doesn't move properly with the body.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.