Show us your Buildings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I enjoy building inworld and seeing what others have built. I prefer to build actual buildings but never seem to be pleased with my creations. Heres what I'm calling an english mansion house. Created all my own textures too. (Not Blender) and still working at it.

RELIC SL_009-1.jpg

RELIC SL_008-1.jpg

RELIC SL_010-1.jpg

Edited by kevin Jerrold
Edited topic
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

I love building inworld too, and I also mostly build houses.  I love building with prims, although occasionally I do tend to cheat a bit and add a mesh roof or a staircase that I've purchased from MP, just to save on land impact.  I also have a set of sculpty window frames which I got free from MP, which I use a lot.  Here are a few of my recent builds:

b175 Octagon Tower LI 104_001.jpg

b179 Ski Cabin LI 44_001.jpg

b165 ivy covered stone house with turret LI 125_001.jpg

b163 half timbered house with sagging roof & fireplace LI 53_001_001.jpg

b162 half timbered house LI 33_001.jpg

• Like 10

This first one is my first mesh building called brewster so named by the region it was built for. The 2nd one is my first mesh house the santa cruz so named by inspiration of a home in santa cruz, The third is a random building I was making in a public sandbox called the 2 strike building for the 2 strikes I gave the person building over my build to annoy me before I made the 3rd strike an abuse report... and the final was was most recent just piddling with house designs. 

brewster.png

santa cruz.png

two strike building.png

piddle.png

• Like 7

I got into mesh when the first new linden homes were introduced, when I got my first house (boat house after waiting for weeks to get any of them). It was sweet location on dockside with endless water views to the north. I decided I wanted to mod my boat and I wanted a mast that could be seen from the land. I started getting weird people showing up saying " i'm not allowed to build that, and eventually was visited by a mole saying my mast was too large. I managed to keep my model and from that birthed my first mesh upload to sl the mesh steps. 

boat house mod 1.png

house boat mod 2.png

first steps.png

Edited by Paulsian
  • Like 4

I was piddling with this gym before christmas 2021. I was inspired to build it because I was testing a mesh I beam design. This build was based on place I've seen and furnished from stuff i've collected/gifts received. But the building is bunch of mesh pieces I have uploaded to use for building blocks to reduce land impact.

gym 5.png

gym 2.png

gym 4.png

• Like 1

When I first started building in SL with prims I was afraid to build around anyone so I linked like 200 .010 meter cubes and attached those to my avatar center and would find a pose where my avatar did not move around so I could build on my body anywhere in the world by editing the linked objects. There's something special about shaping every piece vs using the copy and paste. 

I call this one the gate after that 80s move about the kids with the hell gate in their backyard they had to close before it was too late. meets beach house.. I love building tiny models. 

gate 1.png

gate 2.png

gate 3.png

Edited by Paulsian
  • Like 1

This body build is my concept for Kill Bill Vol 3 The Son.

Picture this when Beatrix was in the hospital she gave birth to twins a girl and a boy. The boy was taken to Pie Mei to be trained by his father. No one else knew about the son until, Elle Driver code name Mountain Snake paid Pie Mei a visit to poison his fish heads discovers the boy. What happens next? 

kill bill vol 3.png

kill bill vol 3 2.png

Y'all more talented then I am !  I have not tortured prims in yours. I started out creating props, furniture , tip jars ,things like that. Never put any up for sale. I handed them out to friends/groups. I tried to learn blender but my head kept exploding ! 🤣

So here is wa few things I found that I managed to make in SL.

Things I made_002.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, colleen Criss said:

Y'all more talented then I am !  I have not tortured prims in yours. I started out creating props, furniture , tip jars ,things like that. Never put any up for sale. I handed them out to friends/groups. I tried to learn blender but my head kept exploding ! 🤣

So here is wa few things I found that I managed to make in SL.

Things I made_002.jpg

These are cute!  👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/26/2022 at 5:45 PM, Paulsian said:

this is my first attempt at creating and terraforming regions look familiar? model inspired by one of my favorite places in second life. Ahern :) terrain tools are so neat. I think I can work with this space. 

BDD1B8B0-1B0B-4799-A713-D5340EBD7D4D.jpeg

Nice is that in your OS install or in SL proper? Looks good. I like the starter park, and the river water looks nice. which water setting is that.. I always like the clear, but blue type myself.

On 2/28/2022 at 9:27 AM, Dreddpiratebob Streeter said:

Just a reminder but if you have premium you have access to some utterly empty sandboxes

And if you even say hello to anyone else there, they will immediately leave so you have the sandbox to yourself :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Codex Alpha said:

Nice is that in your OS install or in SL proper? Looks good. I like the starter park, and the river water looks nice. which water setting is that.. I always like the clear, but blue type myself.

And if you even say hello to anyone else there, they will immediately leave so you have the sandbox to yourself :D

thanks that my (until second life offers locally hosted grids to the masses through their official viewer) i'm rocking the os w singularity viewer. the water is just basic water went into the environment setting and just adjusted the color slightly to be little liter and dash of cyan. 

i'm making this my work on projects even if no internet and leave them out forever. like the beta test grid but private, locally hosted and limitless. 

this is how i did it this lady rocks I basically only did the open sim step and the singularity viewer steps i was not interested in getting the oar files or the unzip thing for the oar files for prebuilt worlds. I wanted my own blank slate, I did try the furniture oar but when im creating I don't want a bunch of other artists work around me it's distracting. 

My vision for this is I will upload all my creations and add to them and evolve them and piece them together in funky ways and put them on the sl marketplace. Having space to lay everything out vs seeing files names and trying to do it in blender will not work for me. I need all my blender work in os and from there I can save them finished works as dae put back into blender tweak and put copy in marketplace and copy in my world. 

seems tedious but I think it will work for me. here's a couple videos first one how to set it up, second one how to add more regions. If your setting up and have any questions let me know happy to help fellow creator. 

I can't get over how fast it is too, perfect for working on projects. This might sound really strange but long ago in my sl travels i found a hidden map saying I would find a door. I think this is the door I was meant to find. 

Edited by Paulsian
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.