Wanted: Urban sim builders with terraforming experience for an upcoming urban sim to be open.

WereBeast Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there I am looking for people that can the following to help me set up an urban city roleplay on a homestead.

- Builders to help placing objects correctly. (I have issues placing the items correctly and they come out on a curve instead of straight)

- Terraforming (I do not know how to terraform and need someone to terraform my land to place a subway landing zone for the roleplay city. 

If anyone is interested please let me know on second life through IMS. 

12 minutes ago, xxVi3perxx said:

Hello there I am looking for people that can the following to help me set up an urban city roleplay on a homestead.

- Builders to help placing objects correctly. (I have issues placing the items correctly and they come out on a curve instead of straight)

- Terraforming (I do not know how to terraform and need someone to terraform my land to place a subway landing zone for the roleplay city. 

If anyone is interested please let me know on second life through IMS. 

Just a little hint on setting things out straight.  When you go into Edit, the rotate section.  The numbers should all be one of the following...0, 90, 180, 270 or 360.  That will keep the item square and not at an angle.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xxVi3perxx said:

Still looking for someone to Terraform, I cannot pay anyone just a reminder. 

Hopefully you'll find someone to help you out of the goodness of their heart but since you basically are asking someone to build the sim for you (need a builder and land terraformed) you might be waiting awhile.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Terraforming takes some practice, but you can practice. There's a small terraforming practice area at Builder's Brewery. There's also an entire empty Linden sim for terraforming practice, but I don't remember where it is.

Note that if you have a subway below ground, the rest of your ground has to be well above the water level, so you have to figure out how the shores of your region(s) are going to work. Go spend some time in New Babbage, which has this well worked out, with underground tunnels, docks, and canals.

Edited by animats
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 8:01 PM, xxVi3perxx said:

Still looking for someone to Terraform, I cannot pay anyone just a reminder. 

27 minutes ago, xxVi3perxx said:

I am just going to quit finding people for the project it seems like I cannot find the right people and don't have a lot of time to do it all on my own just delete this post forum mods. 

Part of the reason is that you are asking someone to do a whole lot of work for nothing.  While I can appreciate the fact that you can't afford to pay someone not a lot of people are going to do free work.

Why can't you just work on this when you have free time?  Learn how to  position things. Practice and do a bit each day. Go learn how to terraform like Animats suggested. It's not really that hard and a few hours of spending time in a sandbox with a Youtube video would even work. Why does it have to be done NOW or just forget it?

As I said in another post you seem to start and abandon projects within a couple of weeks.  Maybe it's because you take on projects that you have no interest in creating yourself. You should find something you would enjoy creating yourself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xxVi3perxx said:

I am just going to quit finding people for the project it seems like I cannot find the right people and don't have a lot of time to do it all on my own just delete this post forum mods. 

You have an entire homestead to practice terraforming on.  This is how I learned.  Mess around, try this, try that, see what all the tools do and how to use.them effectively.  Do not start out with anything in mind.  Just have fun!  Raise it all up at once.  Dig a deep trench.  Learn how to soften the side of a mountain.  This is how everyone learned.  I'm sure there are even YouTube videos out there.  

I'm not sure what you mean by not a lot of time.  Take whatever time you want to play with the land.  Money is usually the deciding factor in not doing something.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.