Setting Up Vendors with % Discount Cards

Bloodsong Termagant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i make avatars.  here's what i want to do:

• i want to give everyone who buys an avatar a 25% discount card.
  • the card can be used to purchase add-ons (like an action hud), or an upgrade from a basic avatar to a deluxe version, or on another avatar.
  • i want the cards to be able to be combined, so once a person collects 4 25% cards, they can combine them into one 100% card and get a free item.

i have a vendor that does this (ONSC), but it doesn't support redelivery or updates (and the maker is no longer in second life, so support for it is non-existent, should it be needed).  it's also a bit of a pain to have the no-copy discount card in the box with all the copy-mod stuff.

i also understand that casper once said he would "never" do percent-off discount cards.  only specific-value cards.  but i don't want to do that.  i want the 100L add-on to cost 75L and the 1000L avatar to cost 750L (for example).

so here's my first question--

CAN caspervend be set up to mimic what i want it to do?

i know that it can "deliver a second item" (like my mythical discount card), so that i don't have to put a no-copy card in the copy/mod box...

i know it can set items to have a discounted price for people who have purchased "X" other product.  so i guess i could set all the add-ons to be 25% off price for anyone who bought the avatar the add-on goes to?  (but... they wouldn't buy the add-on otherwise.  and i only want the discount to be a one-time discount.)

...i'm thinking no.  or it would be WAY too convoluted.

my second question--

is there an alternative to caspervend that can do this?  issue %-off discount cards, combine those cards up to 100%, and support updates/redelivery?

I was about to say "No they (casper) doesn't do gift cards, thinking that I could swear they did, then I found this  (though if I gather what you're saying it's not exactly what's being looked for) - 

https://wiki.casperdns.com/index.php/CasperVend_2/Gift_Cards/V3

There is a way to give percentages however (again not sure it's exactly what you're looking for, but might be worth a look if you haven't already yet)  -

https://wiki.casperdns.com/index.php/CasperVend_2/Discounts

https://wiki.casperdns.com/index.php/CasperLet/Discounts 

thanks for looking, vic!

they do gift cards, but it's numeric value ones.

yeah, those discounts are for the entire vendor, or group discounts, or having a sale discount.

MAYBE all i really need is a product updater service.

so Customer would buy the box from the vendor i have (or marketplace, even).  it would have a no-copy 25% off coupon inside.

in the update server, i could put version updates, and THOSE boxes wouldn't include the %-off coupon.

the only thing is, that doesn't really do a flat re-delivery, like 'give me the same version i already have.'  maybe i can find one that does...

SO!  can anybody recommend a good updating script/service?  (wait, does casper's only work in tandem with caspervend?  i should check into that.)

OH!  Casper Update CAN be run as a standalone service.  Awesome!

Edited by Bloodsong Termagant
i looked up stuff! (ie: went shopping :X)

• 3 weeks later...

In Caspervend you can set store credit. So a customer "builds" store credit with every purchase they make. But this is also given in an amount and not a % . There is also the possibility to make an item only item available if they purchased another item first.  The giftcards already have been mentioned. So we at Caspertech offer quite a number of possibilities for customer rewards and loyalty discounts. Just not in the way you want. 

Edited by Jules Catlyn
Correction

I am not sure your current setup, but if its in world you could have something scripted to use 1 Time Generated Coupon Codes (Id send them as an Instant Message...) as it might be hard to get the code generating out into a notecard (*You could manually make codes but then you probably would need to limit the number of coupons that go out)

Then have the vendor script allow for the user to input a coupon code right before they purchase the item. If you generate out the codes you can have an inf. number of coupons made per previous purchase (And insure no two users can use the same coupon) however the only private in game lsl way to get that coupon code to them would be an IM, otherwise youll need to manually place out the codes in notecards and have them send out with each purchase until they run out. (You could possible change the Name of an object to be the coupon code and give them that as well, but if they rez the object and someone sees the coupon they may lose their discount given someone else would end up using it!)

Assuming you do not want repeat coupon codes, as they should be unique per user.

I saw some inworld merchants noticed in there stores that they don't offer gift cards and warned to beware from the scammers who offer them. I think there are some scammers who able to cheat customers using gift card systems. Therefore  I'd suggest you might research more on this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.