Billing - UNKNOWN Extra Charges?

Galtelier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 831 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey! I recently bought some Lindens worth of $50NZD each which is around $33.3+USD which I successfully did receive on the 10th and the 11th of January of 2022 and a big purchases of Lindens worth of $100NZD which is around $63USD but recently I was billed the following days of Wednesday the 12th, Thursday 13th and Friday the 15th of $50+NZD EACH on the three days but when I checked my Lindex History I don’t see anything of the purchases being made? nor did I receive any Lindens at all onto the account so I’m confused onto why I did even get the bills?

I’ve even removed my card from my account but it still continued to charge me so I feel like my card somehow got hacked and linked onto an unknown account?

I contacted Customer Support and sent a ticket through but unfortunately they have not gotten back to me and completely neglected the ticket. I honestly feel like I’ve been scammed almost $200-$250NZD worth of money and would love to get an answer back.

What should I do?!

5 answers to this question

best to contact your card provider and have them investigate

in the first instance your provider can cancel the card and issue you with another. In the second they may be able to reverse the charges for the 12th,13rh and 15th

Edited by Mollymews

2 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

best to contact your card provider and have them investigate

in the first instance your provider can cancel the card and issue you with another. In the second they may be able to reverse the charges

I’ll have to do that now actually, thank you for this! the only thing I’m worried about is that since I live in NZ and the purchases were made online through the game with US currency and such, that they won’t have a way into finding the source of the charges, espicially if the Lindens were spent already or it’s been blocked.

my last worries would be that my card was stolen as a thirdparty and I’m being charged wrongfully by them

1 minute ago, Galtelier said:

I’ll have to do that now actually, thank you for this! the only thing I’m worried about is that since I live in NZ and the purchases were made online through the game with US currency and such, that they won’t have a way into finding the source of the charges, espicially if the Lindens were spent already or it’s been blocked.

my last worries would be that my card was stolen as a thirdparty and I’m being charged wrongfully by them

getting the card cancelled is the first step.  The longer the card is compromised the worse matters will get for everyone

as you have already contacted Linden about this then should your card provider be able to reverse the charges for the three transactions in dispute then when Linden see the reversals they will already have on file some heads up from you about this

Linden will not tell you of any action they may or may not take against the account to whom the L$ were paid

Just out of curiosity ...  Did you actually BUY the L$ or did you use the Limit Buy option to place an offer to buy them?  When you use the Limit Buy option, Tilia transfers the amount of your projected purchase into an escrow account, pending the actual purchase,  The funds sit there, waiting, until someone comes along, finds your offer attractive, and sells you L$ at your offering price.  If you didn't set a very attractive price, that could take ages, and the money would just sit in the escrow account.  Check the LindeX Order History (under Linden Exchange >>> Management on your dashboard).  If your order is still open, cancel it.  The money in escrow will be transferred to the USD balance in your account, so you can place a new order at a better offering price.  Or you can just use the Market Buy option and accept whatever price the market gives you.

Try to follow the money.

Your credit card account history should show when payments were made, and to whom. Payments to LL are made to "Linden Research" (or, these days, possibly to "Tilia"). Payments that you didn't authorize that were made to someone else would indicate your card or your personal information have been hacked.

If the payments were to Linden Research, then check your LindEx order history. This should show if the money was used to buy L$.

Check your $USD Balance. Is it larger or smaller than it should be?

Check your L$ Transaction History. Are there large payments to someone you don't recognize? Someone may have gotten access to your account, bought L$, and paid them into their own account.

Rather than waiting for a Support Ticket response, you may want to try calling Billing during normal working hours, US West Coast time. 800-294-1067. Use Skype to avoid overseas long distance charges.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 831 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.