Objects and textures not showing on Mac M1

FastTortillaJuice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm a new SL user and trying to use the SL Viewer on a Macbook Air M1. My avatar only shows as a cloud, and the rooms don't load textures or objects, so I'm basically just a cloud in a very sparsely populated flat grey object. After trying all sorts of things (including Firestorm vs Viewer, cleaning up, trying different Preferences...), I got nowhere. Then I tried on my Windows computer, and it works fine there. Is there anything I can do to be able to view SL correctly on my M1? Known incompatibilities, etc?

Incidentally, this also means the Welcome Island tour was me just moving around the island with no banners ever loading, so I missed the tutorial completely, and now I'm not allowed to take it again :(

2 hours ago, FastTortillaJuice said:

I'm a new SL user and trying to use the SL Viewer on a Macbook Air M1. My avatar only shows as a cloud, and the rooms don't load textures or objects, so I'm basically just a cloud in a very sparsely populated flat grey object. After trying all sorts of things (including Firestorm vs Viewer, cleaning up, trying different Preferences...), I got nowhere. Then I tried on my Windows computer, and it works fine there. Is there anything I can do to be able to view SL correctly on my M1? Known incompatibilities, etc?

Incidentally, this also means the Welcome Island tour was me just moving around the island with no banners ever loading, so I missed the tutorial completely, and now I'm not allowed to take it again :(

There are a couple threads concerning this...

• Like 2

Thank you for your help. In the end I found the problem: Although on my Network settings I had CloudRelay turned off, it was active on my iCloud settings, and turning it off has solved the problem. So no need to open an issue on Jira in the end 😅

Regarding the Welcome Back Island: thank you! The viewer kept telling me to go to Welcome Island Public, which it then can't find.

So... let's see how it goes from here :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.