Anyone else getting driver crashes since update?

Failed Inventor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

fail.jpgThis occured immediately with update to the recent test viewer. Crashes occur when shadows are enabled. I crash on login or when trying to upload as well if shadows are enabled. I have checked for latest drivers, updated and no change still crashing.

currently using a 460gtx nvidia to test mesh.

I have had several crashes to the blue screen of death - graphics card driver reported to be in infinite loop. Crash reports sent in, so they know about it. It never happened with the old viewer. I can't prove it isn't a driver/hardware fault though.

PS. I wondered why I saw you coming and going!

try

NVIDIA Control Panel --> Manage 3D Settings --> Global Settings, and switch "Power Management Mode" to "Prefer Maximum Performance" (the default "Adaptive" setting seemed to be the culprit). And that's it! The key here is changing the "Global" setting, as my individual programs were already set to "Prefer Maximum Performance."

very good idea and try, I was convinced, but sl is not. it is still crashing my drivers upon attempt to login with graphics up.

Also since I change my pasword instead of updating my inventory once, my inventory is erased of any progress after logout. Additionally I must always use landmark to get back to last location as last location is broken, and tells me region is unavailable when it is.

Yeah me too.

It worked for about 10 minutes last night when I spoke to you but then I logged out and came back in about a half hour and it gave me a white screen and "nvidia driver crashed and has recovered" or something similar. I'm not going to be using this particular incarnation of the viewer because I'm afraid for my graphics card. 

Kirsten Viewer users (S21(8) RC2) are finding some problems with the nVidia driver. The 275 versions are a problem for a number of people. The 270 and 266 versions are better. Some say they can triple FPS if they switch to a 266 version.

I don't know that it is related. But, something in recent updates is causing problems across several different nVidia cards. Since Kirsten is using the newest LL code I suspect something in the LL code for the Dev and Proj viewers is conflicting with something in the nVidia drivers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.