What are these purple squares on the Mini Map? [Answer: it's deeded to group things]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all. What do these purple squares on the mini map mean? They happen to correspond to some, but not all of the rental boxes that have CasperLet scripts inside of them in these areas. I'm not the owner of these boxes, and neither was a friend, who could also see them.

purple-dots-1.jpg.73bd10565b1e0be1537f17cf37eec7a7.jpg      purple-dots-2.jpg.bb2384ce3e786782384812c8c8e99960.jpg

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman

Purple are objects that have been deeded to group (ie group-owned). It is necessary for security orbs and media players.  Any security orb not showing purple on the minimap has either been set up incorrectly or hasn't been set up at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

By the looks of it they could be objects deeded to group I'm on group owned mainland and had to do that to a media player though on my minimap the object shows more as pink. While unlikely on Firestorm at least you can set individual people to come up as purple on minimap as opposed to the standard green, yellow (friends), blue (LL employees)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's indeed an object deeded to group. There's a sneaky little object hidden inside the rental boxes that's used to automatically return tenants' objects when their rent has expired.

I deeded a plywood box to group and it turned purple instantly in the Mini Map. And then I deleted it and it was gone instantly from the map again.

Funny that after 15 years in SL I never noticed these purple things, until now.

The fact that they sometimes disappear probably has something to do with some object awareness and 'field of view' for the Mini Map that's somewhat different from the field of view in your main viewport.

• Arduenn Schwartzman changed the title to What are these purple squares on the Mini Map? [Answer: it's deeded to group things]
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.