Creating High Waist Leggings With System Layers

Peridot Caproni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

**NEWBIE ALERT**

I am new to working with system layers and am wondering how to fix the line that shows when using the 2 layers (shirt and pants) when creating high waist leggings. For instance, I have a black pair of high waist leggings and there is a white line showing across the belly where they meet. Any tips to remedy that? Thanks! 

e020bceceb01474a40ea6cb84befc0a4.png

• Like 1

I haven't messed with system layer clothing in a long time. However, I do remember that you might want to extend your texture a little bit beyond the colored lines on the UV map or maybe even feather your edges. Now the problem is going to be that, the bottom of the SL UV upper comes dangerously close to the arm. So you're going to have to play around with feathering the edge.

I would suggest you use local textures to preview before uploading.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Peridot Caproni said:

Sadly I have already tried that.. :( Thank you for the responses.

Instead of a shirt and pants, try creating a jacket and pants. Jackets reach lower than shirts.

Alternatively, go with a full-body tattoo instead of a clothing layer, that can easily be seamless.

• Like 2

That line 'tween torso and legs is a long standing issue. I remember seeing a Jira for this from Siddean Munro (Slink) dated back in 2008, and again around the time of BoM release. As you can see its never been resolved, and it only seems to affect the clothing layers. I cannot remember if it affects the jacket layer, but as jacket comes down to about the hips then it should cover that line. There is a similar issue at the ankles for pants and socks when making full leg tights/hose. The tattoo Layers are not affected by these glitches. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.