Changing the Land URL

Candi266

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I own the region and one of the parcel i use for my club ,the parcel is under the club group. i have my alt as owner of the region and also the owner of the group for my club parcel. she can not change the land URL even tho everything is checked off in the group as she a owner to i do not want to deed the land to the club. i also have it with someone as the owner and he can not change the url in the land. i have submitted a ticket for this and i get the wrong response back. i no you did not have to deed the land to the group for this. i work at another place where i can change it and its not deeded. i thing something is wrong with the whole region itself. what am i missing that is causing this problem?

Candi266 

12 answers to this question

To try to simplify things: Who owns the parcel? That entity (and scripts owned by that entity) should be able to change the stream URL or there's something very wrong.

We can try to puzzle out the group stuff, too, but let's first find out whether the parcel owner can set the stream URL.

[EDIT: I tried to investigate what I think must be the club parcel, and indeed @Candi266 is the parcel owner, so if they cannot change the stream in the viewer, I guess I'd want to try a different viewer, and also a scripted stream-changer they own and rez on the parcel. If both those fail, it seems it must be something amiss with the region. Thing is, parcel-owner control is the most basic way to change the land's audio stream, so it's just very weird that it would have problems.]

[EDIT2: Just had a weird thought: What if there's a scripted device that keeps resetting the stream back to whatever it thinks it should be, as fast as you try to make a change manually? Or is it just impossible to even try to set a new URL manually?]

Edited by Qie Niangao

ok i own the region i have my alt as owner also and i have a club/house  on one of the parcel my alt has ALL rights to it all and when the DJ board fails  my alt nor the GM and managers can not put the stream in the land only candi (me) can.... they all have the right to do so but it wont let them..... 

9 hours ago, Candi266 said:

ok i own the region i have my alt as owner also and i have a club/house  on one of the parcel my alt has ALL rights to it all and when the DJ board fails  my alt nor the GM and managers can not put the stream in the land only candi (me) can.... they all have the right to do so but it wont let them..... 

9 hours ago, Candi266 said:

i the owner can change the URL but for my manager and other co owners can not with all the rights checked

I don't think it matters who owns the region, only who owns the parcel. When parcels are group-owned ("-deeded"), then it also matters who has Owner (or other roles) in the group.

In contrast, on land merely set to group, I'm not sure there was ever* any group-related ability to set stream URLs. It's been ages since I've used anything but group-owned land, but as I recall back then I had no choice but to supply tenants with a stream-setting script that I owned. Certainly that would be an easy workaround here: it's the basic functionality of that "DJ board" which "fails", so maybe a simple land radio script could function as backup for whatever ails this DJ board, if group-deeding the land isn't practical.

*I see Lindal mentioned that the Lab may have changed something to remove this functionality from group-set land, so when she asked if you'd "actually checked this recently", it wasn't about whether you couldn't do it on your land, but whether you could on this other group-set land. But I just don't remember this ever working anywhere the land was only set to group.

is there a phone number i can call because apparently i must not be wording this wrong. my point is I dj at another club and when the board fails i can go right into the land sound and put my stream in that way.. on my owned land (group set) My managers can NOT change the land sound and I have everything check off on the group setting that suppose to allow them to change the land URL .. which it does not let them .... I need to know why  they cant...... 

1 hour ago, Candi266 said:

is there a phone number i can call because apparently i must not be wording this wrong. my point is I dj at another club and when the board fails i can go right into the land sound and put my stream in that way.. on my owned land (group set) My managers can NOT change the land sound and I have everything check off on the group setting that suppose to allow them to change the land URL .. which it does not let them .... I need to know why  they cant...... 

This is a resident forum—there are only rare appearances by Lindens here—so you can certainly try the standard Support route which at least includes a Live Chat option. I don't know if there is Phone Support currently; I vaguely recall that being suspended except maybe for Billing? Not sure.

But I'm not sure you're following what's been suggested here: It shouldn't make any difference what group Abilities are given to members in a group that doesn't actually own the land. If you're able to manually set the audio stream URL at another club, isn't that land actually deeded to the group, not merely set to it?

10 hours ago, Candi266 said:

the other club is NOT deeded

Well, I cannot replicate a group member being able to set the audio stream URL on a parcel only set to the group. You may want to contact the owner of that other club's land to see if they did some special trick to make it work. I do not think it's supposed to.

i already talk to the owner of the other sim in fact i make him the owner of my region and he cant figure out it wont work. but ill tell you something I pay every month to own a sim I am a premier member and I find it ridiculous that I can NOT talk to the proper person for this issues or make a phone to tell what it happening on voice....... I am very disappointed on what is happening to second life!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.