Black Dragon Viewer -- Any way to get a chatbar more like FS?

LilithServil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 894 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Super new to the Black Dragon viewer. Firestorm has been perpetually freezing on me for a solid year now and so far, Black Dragon has been smooth and even higher fps than Firestorm ever gave.

The only conundrum I've run into though is the chat bar. I'm really not a fan of how the chat bar is something that has to be opened.

image.png.fb7a522cde7b90d37c452788a13621e8.png

The chat window just feels super obtrusive and in the way. Is there any way to get a static chat bar like Firestorm has? That's just kind of... at the bottom left constantly with the chat appearing as toasts? 

The closest I've been able to get is this but it's still super in the way. I like to have as much of my screen space visible as possible but still have the chat bar there.

image.png.877e5afab7a8e6ca84dc496b67cb0837.png

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

There is no way to do this in any viewer that hasn't explicitly added it.

That's honestly really unfortunate. I don't understand the point of the chat bar collapsing into the chat button. On FS it's a single click to the chatbar and it's nice and out of the way-- in Black Dragon you have to open the chat button, drag the popup away from the center of the screen, separate nearby chat from the rest of the contact menu, then finally type. God help you if you want to minimize it after because it pops to the top left of the screen, and then if you close it instead you have to do the whole song and dance from scratch if you don't want the big blocky opaque box up the whole time. x:

I guess I can just hope it gets added as an option or something. I was just hoping it was a setting I missed somewhere tbh

5 hours ago, panterapolnocy said:

You may want to peek at the post by @NiranV Dean linked below, but as @Coffee Pancakesaid it won't be a 1:1 experience.

This is as close as it gets to V1 chatbar without making it a fixed chatbar panel as Firestorm did.

14 hours ago, LilithServil said:

Super new to the Black Dragon viewer. Firestorm has been perpetually freezing on me for a solid year now and so far, Black Dragon has been smooth and even higher fps than Firestorm ever gave.

The only conundrum I've run into though is the chat bar. I'm really not a fan of how the chat bar is something that has to be opened.

image.png.fb7a522cde7b90d37c452788a13621e8.png

The chat window just feels super obtrusive and in the way. Is there any way to get a static chat bar like Firestorm has? That's just kind of... at the bottom left constantly with the chat appearing as toasts? 

The closest I've been able to get is this but it's still super in the way. I like to have as much of my screen space visible as possible but still have the chat bar there.

image.png.877e5afab7a8e6ca84dc496b67cb0837.png

As Pantera linked above, this should reduce the chat to a simple bar.

Also: Chat does not have to be "opened", especially not via the chat button (unless you are speaking of the tabbed IM window aka Conversations, which has to be opened that way unless you initiate a new chat with someone which automatically opens it). You can simply hit Enter as it always has been since V1. In addition to the above and with Pantera's linked post you can also set it up to close on Enter (either directly after sending chat or after hitting Enter when the chatbar is empty, depending on whether you enable auto hide on focus loss or auto hide on chat send... or both).

Also also: I hate the chat as much as everyone else. In past attempts to change it however i was unable to accomplish what i wanted and seeing that everyone hates the V2 chat (this is CHUI aka V3 chat) even more so than CHUI right now i have given up on reimplementing V2 chat for now. So for now we are left with a couple options to help make it feel at least a bit more bearable.

Also also also:

image.png.45db368858631ba3290a44cc81f0bd38.png

tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500.gif

Why... just why. Nnnnhhhgg. 10 millionth time i'm fixing this background scaling issue...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 894 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.