Does "Your KYC application is being reviewed" in Tilia ever get resolved without seeking Support assistance?

Stefanie Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 888 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have an account I use as my 'banker' which has long done all my USD to L$ transactions through my PayPal.  I now want to do some Process Credit after not doing that for a year or so, and I find that when I go into Process Credit, I get this:

"There is a problem with your account

Before we can proceed with your Process Credit request, we are required to collect some information from you as detailed here. Please click Provide Additional Information button below to proceed to the submission form. This information will be used pursuant to Tilia's terms of service and privacy policy to process your future credit requests."

If I click on the 'here' I get a detailed FAQ explanation of Tilia, which however never addresses whatever 'KYC' might be.  If I click on the button to 'Provide Additional Information' I get the above message, "Your KYC application is being reviewed", with no way to actually provide any further information.

My question:  has anyone had that message result in your Process Credit being made available again, without requiring you to seek help from a CSA?  Is there any advice anyone can offer about this please?   (I seem to recall that I have submitted various ID items some time back when Tilia first came up, but seems they now want even more!)

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I have no idea what a KYC is.

I didn't either (and I still don't really), but there's quite a bit of information on line. For example, see https://www.thalesgroup.com/en/markets/digital-identity-and-security/banking-payment/issuance/id-verification/know-your-customer.  Quoting from that site,

• KYC means Know Your Customer and sometimes Know Your Client.
  • KYC or KYC check is the mandatory process of identifying and verifying the client's identity when opening an account and periodically over time.
  • In other words, banks must make sure that their clients are genuinely who they claim to be.
  • Banks may refuse to open an account or halt a business relationship if the client fails to meet minimum KYC requirements. 

So, I gather that the verification process that Tilia has been requiring us to undergo is their half of the KYC check that they are expected to perform to guarantee that LL and your bank know exactly who you are.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

If you submitted ID verification on your Stefanie Starlight account, that does not affect your banker alt account. You'll have to submit ID verification for that one, before you can do a Process Credit. I have no idea what a KYC is.

Actually it's the banker alt account which has been ID verified in the past, and I have never bothered to ID my main (this one) as I don't use it to buy or sell Lindens.  So I'm just puzzled why it's now wanting more verification apparently, but not giving me a way to provide it.

9 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

So, I gather that the verification process that Tilia has been requiring us to undergo is their half of the KYC check that they are expected to perform to guarantee that LL and your bank know exactly who you are.

Thank you for the link, Rolig...  I will read it carefully.  I have no issue with verification per se, but the present execution of it by LL seems to be flawed somehow.  I guess I will have to try to work it out with a CSA   :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 888 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.