Completely ersased Firestorm from my computer - I thought ?

cunomar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

28 minutes ago, cunomar said:

Hey look what i found

It would only take me 11 hours or so to do all that wrong when i don't want to save anything at all anyway .

But sadly you can't uninstall firestorm in the same way you can remove any security antivirus or browser with the time honoured method of add/remove programs because ................................... ?

Apparently, you missed it...

On 11/18/2021 at 5:27 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

On W10, there is a sneaky FirestormX64 folder that contains avatar account  data "hidden" along this path:

This PC > Windows 10 (C:) > Users > (Your PC account name) > App Data > Roaming >  FirestormX64

Deleting the FirestormX64 folder, which contains your avatar account name, should remove records of login account names, passwords and login/logout screenshots.

• Like 1

Just now, cunomar said:

Right so restore win 10 to factory settings and erase everything because someone else thought i might like to create or save something . Very smart indeed 🙄

Not what was said whatsoever nor the procedure involved.

Stop it.

What you are griping about amounts to uninstalling Word or an image editor and having it automatically wipe all documents or images that they handle or have been used to create.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

Uninstall, go to the directory where any logs and potential cache/other personal data are being stored and manually delete them - as you would be required to do with any other piece of software which stores even remotely similar data.

Not that difficult whatsoever - as either a concept or actual practice. The only "difficult" bit there is determining where that information is stored ... Which *gasp!* the program actually has a method within it to automatically open the relevant directory for you. Oh yes, you can even tell it where to place these files and how much space to use for it - mind, a non-zero number for actual cache files. Oh and would you look at that - there's even a button in the preferences for erasing your cache.

So again - stop it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Solar for explaining it in a way that makes sense .

I keep Works on a disk (because its intuitive and Word isn't) but when i type a letter i lose it unless i "choose" to save it , and if i do save it then it will remain even if i uninstall Works .

I don't actually have anything else that creates a personal data folder that i know of ?

I found the folder to delete anyway , and it was quite easy . What bugs me is why it was a problem in the first place .

My Firestorm is hidden so show all folders was selected before i was forced to learn how to open the win10 search folders function and then I deleted everything named Firestorm in the results .

But i didn't because a save folder i knew nothing about was created automatically by Firestorm and hidden even from file search .

How's about adding to the installation procedure a tick box "save your progress in a hidden folder" or some such , or the other very typical option show while using add/remove programs "do you intend to reinstall" .

Folders such as those are Hidden for a reason - that reason being to make it harder to accidentally delete them.

You can choose where the cache and log files are stored:

FSCache.png.fc50b4a81d9926ab908b250c94cee943.png

Funnily enough - at least for Linux - the settings are stored adjacent to the main cache and last I knew the same for Windows.

Still no reason to have it be as "easy" as you're asking - especially considering the way the file storage is modeled. Many simply do not ever go into that particular settings category to set new directories - which can (for the logs anyway) be set on a per account basis. The sort of programs which allow you to remove all traces of them through an uninstaller or Add/Remove Programs do not generally store "personal" data or similar files in any non-developer set locations.

If a program allows you to save such files at a location of your choosing, it's not going to go removing those files when uninstalled. That's how it works - by design.

Anything less is simply inexcusable/sloppy.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.