Firestorm Objects Clipping Help?

Draconis Ahren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 903 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So i'm experiencing some clipping issues with Firestorm 6.4.21 where objects are clipping in my house yet they're really not all that close together.

basically i've seperated them far enough to where they shouldn't clip, yet they do. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix that? My Draw Distance is 256, Objects and Sculpt's LOD are set to 4.000

dunno what else to do, help please?

Edit: Also my house meters in terms of off the ground are like 3492

Snapshot_001.png

Edited by Draconis Ahren

I can't tell from the image what "clipping" means here. (Some nice choices of decor items, though!)

One thing that might be called "clipping," can change with a viewer update, and does depend on whether objects are "really not all that close together" would be alpha-sorting, in which rendering of overlaid surfaces with alpha-channel textures can stack in the wrong order and flip back and forth as the cam moves. If that happens to be "clipping" here, it tends to occur more easily with Advanced Lighting Model and might with other graphics preferences too. Of course the problem goes away altogether if either of the overlapping alpha-channel textures can be modified to use Alpha mode: "Alpha masking"… but this may all be totally irrelevant to whatever "clipping" is actually happening here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I can't tell from the image what "clipping" means here. (Some nice choices of decor items, though!)

One thing that might be called "clipping," can change with a viewer update, and does depend on whether objects are "really not all that close together" would be alpha-sorting, in which rendering of overlaid surfaces with alpha-channel textures can stack in the wrong order and flip back and forth as the cam moves. If that happens to be "clipping" here, it tends to occur more easily with Advanced Lighting Model and might with other graphics preferences too. Of course the problem goes away altogether if either of the overlapping alpha-channel textures can be modified to use Alpha mode: "Alpha masking"… but this may all be totally irrelevant to whatever "clipping" is actually happening here.

To add to what Qie said, what has been described is referred to as texture bleed through, not clipping. Clipping is where a part of something "goes into" something it isn't supposed to, like an arm being half buried in a shirt when the arm is crossed over the torso. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Alpha_Modes_Do's_and_Don'ts

If your furniture is mod and if it uses any alpha textures, edit the furniture and change the alpha setting (Texture tab) to Alpha Masking and set the numerical value to 100. The numerical setting can be adjusted up or down to suit your personal taste.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 903 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.