Active, big groups for SL on Flickr?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am starting a new Flickr soon, since my old one is close to 1000 images.

There was a time when I was "nudging" other photographers with a "like", to see if they were liking me back. It is a sort of trading "likes". You like my pictures, I like yours.

But I never liked pictures I didn't like, if you know what I mean.

It is so many great SL pictures, so is impossible for me to look in groups a day and not find a photo or more that I like.

I have not bothered with looking at others pictures for a long time, and so I don't get many likes. My old groups are probably not so popular now? I need to sort my groups and be careful so I don't post in too many groups. Overexposure is leading to people getting tired of seeing the same in every group.

Where do you post your fashion images, your closeups and other groups these days?

And also, what is your groups for classy nudes, but not overly explicit images, like close images of "doing it". Hinting that is fine, like embracing. I seem to remember @Scylla Rhiadrahad a period with classy nudes? If I remember wrong, please forgive me.

• Like 2

I'm lucky if I hit 50 likes on any of my pictures, and put it down to the fact that I don't play the "favourites" game of liking pics to get likes back.  If I like a picture, it's because I LIKE a picture.  I also only add to groups the pictures are relevant to, so usually that is less than the 60 minimum for my membership.

I tend to post mine in the few blogger pics groups I belong to and the store group of items I am wearing/using.  I thought when Flickr instituted the minimum group add thingie we'd see less pics in hundreds of groups, but nope!  Curse you opt out!!!  Some people still add their pictures to EVERY group they are a member of, whether the picture should be in the group or not.

As for the nudie pic groups....  Eep I didn't realise I belonged to so many!  Will drop you a private message with the links!!!

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am starting a new Flickr soon, since my old one is close to 1000 images.

There was a time when I was "nudging" other photographers with a "like", to see if they were liking me back. It is a sort of trading "likes". You like my pictures, I like yours.

But I never liked pictures I didn't like, if you know what I mean.

It is so many great SL pictures, so is impossible for me to look in groups a day and not find a photo or more that I like.

I have not bothered with looking at others pictures for a long time, and so I don't get many likes. My old groups are probably not so popular now? I need to sort my groups and be careful so I don't post in too many groups. Overexposure is leading to people getting tired of seeing the same in every group.

Where do you post your fashion images, your closeups and other groups these days?

And also, what is your groups for classy nudes, but not overly explicit images, like close images of "doing it". Hinting that is fine, like embracing. I seem to remember @Scylla Rhiadrahad a period with classy nudes? If I remember wrong, please forgive me.

Well, I'm glad you found them classy, anyway!

I don't actually bother that much with matching photos to Flickr groups. I only belong to about 20 groups, and many of those are for particular sims. And that's the one type of group I do specifically post particular pics to. So a lot of my recent pics have been taken at Cravone City, and they get posted to the Cravone City Flickr group.

I don't actually follow a group that is specifically for nudes; the few nudes I've done tend not to make it into a lot of groups because most of my groups are restricted to "safe" pics.

I have the sense that groups actually don't increase your visibility (or "faves") as much as one might think. I'm not suggesting that they don't have any effect, but I think most of my faves come from people seeing the pics in their stream, or because I've liked something of theirs. I actually haven't noticed a huge difference in the response to pics that were in a lot of groups, and those that were in only a handful.

Thank you for replies. I have the same feeling with a new Flickr account as I have with a brand new alt with an empty, clean inventory.

I won't let this Flickr get out of hand (as my SL inventory is). Seriously, over 200 groups. I have had that Flickr account in many years, and joined often a new group, just to post 1-3 images there.

I have looked for answers on the net, but I have not found any. It looks like I can't organize groups I belong to? I wanted to sort in 3 categories, with "allow moderate" "allow restricted" "only safe". The only way to find out what the group allows is to open it and scroll through the information. It would be very helpful if I could have a set of groups for "fashion" "Home and interior" and "nudes" so I could upload to the suitable groups fast.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.