Campwich Lodge

KyleWForrester

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 904 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 11/7/2021 at 3:43 PM, KyleWForrester said:

My wife and I absolutely LOVE the Campwich Lodge! The Moles who put it together are just absolutely amazing! I TRULY wish y'all would put some of the stuff - like this - you make up for sale somewhere!

Easily the BEST of all the community areas.  I also like the Drunken Mouse in the Chalet regions as well as the Big Treehouse in the Log regions.  But there is something about Campwich that is just perfection from the build itself to the little train station with it to the amazing waterfalls and terraform of the region itself.  I'm very happy to live only one region away from it 😃

• Like 3

In Bellisseria, much of the home decor (but not the landscaping plants) in the Community Centers have been bought by Moles from inworld stores.   Eyrie is a bit of a showroom of fantasy statuary & decor!

In this Campwich picture, the vast majority (perhaps all) of the decor items are from What Next, Apple Fall, Trompe L'oiel, or the moles' own 2018 winter gift.  (I don't think there's a way to pick up old gifts, if you missed the 2018 one).  This pic also shows a newer addition to the Community Areas - a dance chim!  Yay!

1123975035_dance_001small.jpg.3ac158de97c289c0bc6257eb3a6797bd.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

In Bellisseria, much of the home decor (but not the landscaping plants) in the Community Centers have been bought by Moles from inworld stores.   Eyrie is a bit of a showroom of fantasy statuary & decor!

In this Campwich picture, the vast majority (perhaps all) of the decor items are from What Next, Apple Fall, Trompe L'oiel, or the moles' own 2018 winter gift.  (I don't think there's a way to pick up old gifts, if you missed the 2018 one).  This pic also shows a newer addition to the Community Areas - a dance chim!  Yay!

1123975035_dance_001small.jpg.3ac158de97c289c0bc6257eb3a6797bd.jpg

The stuff inside it is from other stores, yes...but the ACTUAL building was made by one of the Moles, which is what I'm wanting lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KyleWForrester said:

The stuff inside it is from other stores, yes...but the ACTUAL building was made by one of the Moles, which is what I'm wanting lol

Really?  I wouldn't hold my breath - I doubt LL wants to see clones of their lovely community centers all over the grid.  In fact, I don't want to see that either! 

LL owns all content created by the moles, and I've never seen any of it for sale.  A tiny amount of it has been offered for free at the Mole Mart, generally pretty old stuff, but nothing like whole gorgeous prefabs.

There's this marketing concept called "channel conflict".  LL sells virtual land and runs a marketplace for user content where LL makes money from transactions.  Further, they make money from the process of creating content.  If LL sells products that compete with users, they are creating "channel conflict", where they lose revenue from one stream, and make revenue from another.  It's a dangerous game.  Every time they put a flower into a Content Creation pack, they have to evaluate this tradeoff - the impact on residents' floral businesses.

Of course, understanding that will never stop me from poking LL to put some of Ancient Mole's fabulous rocks into a Content Creation pack, so my landscaping can blend in with theirs.  So I do feel you!  I just don't think either of us should hold our breath.

15 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Really?  I wouldn't hold my breath - I doubt LL wants to see clones of their lovely community centers all over the grid.  In fact, I don't want to see that either! 

LL owns all content created by the moles, and I've never seen any of it for sale.  A tiny amount of it has been offered for free at the Mole Mart, generally pretty old stuff, but nothing like whole gorgeous prefabs.

There's this marketing concept called "channel conflict".  LL sells virtual land and runs a marketplace for user content where LL makes money from transactions.  Further, they make money from the process of creating content.  If LL sells products that compete with users, they are creating "channel conflict", where they lose revenue from one stream, and make revenue from another.  It's a dangerous game.  Every time they put a flower into a Content Creation pack, they have to evaluate this tradeoff - the impact on residents' floral businesses.

Of course, understanding that will never stop me from poking LL to put some of Ancient Mole's fabulous rocks into a Content Creation pack, so my landscaping can blend in with theirs.  So I do feel you!  I just don't think either of us should hold our breath.

Yeah I agree with Nika on this one.  I love Campwich but my love for it is that it is unique.  However if you are looking for a beautiful lodge I still think the Aspen lodge that Rebourne made and indeed still sells is about the best lodge Ive seen in SL that is for sale

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 904 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.