You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Jasper County Court is Hiring

Whether you are experienced or new in the legal domain, Jasper County Court offers an opportunity for you to engage in meaningful legal work, while contributing to the overall development of the community.

We are currently Seeking:

• Judge
  • District Attorney
  • Public Defender
  • District Attorney Investigator
  • Assistant District Attorney

These (paid - small linden sum & 10% rental discount on a single rental) positions will allow you to learn more about the judicial system and participate in the community life at Fox Hollow.

Please fill the following application :
https://forms.gle/To4ZXsqQiwBe8hZSA

Any questions can be directed to Isabeau Baragula (District Attorney) or Imogen Atheria (OOC Management), inworld.

JasperCountyCourtsHiring.jpg

Edited by Imogen Atheria
  • Like 1

People, in general I've noticed, don't even read the ads and apply for jobs as directed.  They fail to follow simple instructions such as...apply online or contact this person if interested so really, having or not having the slurl in the ad is irrelevant.  Perhaps those interested and savvy enough will find the place from the website.  

It sure would tell me a lot about a potential employee if they showed they could follow directions, fill out the app and find their own way there.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

People, in general I've noticed, don't even read the ads and apply for jobs as directed.  They fail to follow simple instructions such as...apply online or contact this person if interested so really, having or not having the slurl in the ad is irrelevant.  Perhaps those interested and savvy enough will find the place from the website.  

It sure would tell me a lot about a potential employee if they showed they could follow directions, fill out the app and find their own way there.

You say they should only hire employees who want to jump through multiple hoops, and any person who was not willing to jump through them would not be a good employee.

Look at the alternative- a potential employee might consider how seriously they are taking their business, and want to supply all relevant information. I, personally, consider that.

I hardly consider applying as directed by actually reading the post as jumping through hoops.  If seeing what the region looks like is important, either ask before the interview or check out the website.

When you apply for a RL job, companies are impressed by people who have done a bit of research.  You want to stand out from the crowd, so to speak.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I hardly consider applying as directed by actually reading the post as jumping through hoops.  If seeing what the region looks like is important, either ask before the interview or check out the website.

When you apply for a RL job, companies are impressed by people who have done a bit of research.  You want to stand out from the crowd, so to speak.  

I didn't say applying was jumping through hoops. I said that about trying to find their sim. 

5 hours ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

I didn't say applying was jumping through hoops. I said that about trying to find their sim. 

Here is the welcome center.  Apologies for not seeing this last night.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hickory Creek/156/37/1502  I'm adding it to the original post as well for others.  (Nevermind, I guess I can't edit after a certain timeframe?  My bad.)

Additionally if you have any other questions about the community, please feel free to reach out to me inworld or in Discord.

Edited by Imogen Atheria
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We are still looking to fill a few positions!

The Jasper County Courts, located in the City of Port Dominion, which is a part of Fox Hollow, North Carolina, are still looking to fill a few key positions within our roleplay courts!

We are currently seeking:

• Judges
  • Assistant District Attorney
  • Public Defender
  • Court Clerk

Please fill the following application :
https://forms.gle/To4ZXsqQiwBe8hZSA

If you'd like to visit our 19-sim community, please take this teleport to the Welcome Center: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hickory Creek/156/37/1502
To get down to the ground from the Welcome Center, exit the train station and use the teleport sign on the platform to tp down.  Please keep in mind, this is a family community with child avatars present, so please make sure your attire is appropriate for that if you visit.

If you have any questions about this position, you can reach out to Isabeau Baragula (Department Head) or Imogen Atheria (OOC Management) inworld.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.