Could LL Create Standalone Estate Sims with a 10K Prim Allowance?

Xanthe Firehawk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As we know there is a wonderful array of fantastic Full Region estate sims with a choice of 20K or 30K prim allowances. Plus of course the sweet standalone estate Homestead sims with a 5k prim allowance. All of which are great and I have regularly flexed my in-world store up and down to the available sims. However, when trying to create, manage and sustain an in-world store base with some continuity, as well as displaying a collection to inspire Residents’ there is quite a difference between 5k and 20k prims. 5k is often too few prims, with the 20 - 30k prims a lot more of an undertaking tier wise. Currently the only option to perhaps achieve a happy medium of 10k – 15k prim allowance on an estate sim is to share, if you are willing to make the several compromises required that come with sharing that is, though the bonus of sharing a full region is of course a higher prim allowance and lower weekly tier.

Currently there are no standalone estate sim options available with a 10k prim allowance, as far as I know. Therefore I would like to ask LL if they would consider the feasibility of creating standalone estate sims with a 10k prim allowance, and perhaps calling them “Fullsteads”, “Double Homesteads, or such (maybe even a competition to select a name!). A standalone estate sim with 10k prim allowance would be a great opportunity for the many of us in SL who own medium sized in-world stores but who struggle to achieve a happy balance between prims and tiers.

100% agree.

I'd pay for a 10K sim if was reasonably priced in an instant. 5K is not only too few prims for a full sim (really lovely landscaping on a whole sim will eat 2K+ of those 5) , there's the whole "you have to own a full sim to even get a homestead" thing. 

Sharing is an option ... suppose you split a 30K full sim .. you'd have 15K to use and half the sim at a cost of not much more than a homestead sim, but with 3x the prime allowance. But you have to trust your partner implicitly to actually maintain payments. What if they bail?

On 10/24/2021 at 12:25 PM, Xanthe Firehawk said:

As we know there is a wonderful array of fantastic Full Region estate sims with a choice of 20K or 30K prim allowances. Plus of course the sweet standalone estate Homestead sims with a 5k prim allowance. All of which are great and I have regularly flexed my in-world store up and down to the available sims. However, when trying to create, manage and sustain an in-world store base with some continuity, as well as displaying a collection to inspire Residents’ there is quite a difference between 5k and 20k prims. 5k is often too few prims, with the 20 - 30k prims a lot more of an undertaking tier wise. Currently the only option to perhaps achieve a happy medium of 10k – 15k prim allowance on an estate sim is to share, if you are willing to make the several compromises required that come with sharing that is, though the bonus of sharing a full region is of course a higher prim allowance and lower weekly tier.

Currently there are no standalone estate sim options available with a 10k prim allowance, as far as I know. Therefore I would like to ask LL if they would consider the feasibility of creating standalone estate sims with a 10k prim allowance, and perhaps calling them “Fullsteads”, “Double Homesteads, or such (maybe even a competition to select a name!). A standalone estate sim with 10k prim allowance would be a great opportunity for the many of us in SL who own medium sized in-world stores but who struggle to achieve a happy balance between prims and tiers.

Tier prices at this time, as oz linden said in a video are not going to come down, the Data center LL moved from, was costing them a pretty penny, the aws setup they are on now, costs more, the old data center also was running on 10 to 12 year old hardware, so let that one sink in.   So until something changes for the lab directly with funding, do not expect tiers or other types of sims to happen.    most of us have been waiting years for something in the pipeline, but we understand the lab has to pay it's invenstory,  it's people,  it's aws infrastructure and still turn a profit.   so maybe someday!

bigmoe, I'm not asking tier prices to be reduced, I'm asking for a $149/month 10K sim. Something between the homestead and a full 20K sim.

And re: costs, they make no sense ... 5K prims costs users $109/month to host, and 20K costs $229/month to host, right?

Why does 4x the prims only cost 2x the fee? Or to turn that around, why doesn't 5K cost 1/4 of the full sim's $229 (i.e., $58)? I want to understand the actual cost of hosting prims on AWS. We don't know that so users like me can only make wild suggestions about hosting new sim tiers.

I personally think there's room/demand for a 10k sim that costs $149/month. That was my suggestion, not that prices be lowered. I'd buy one of those, only because 5K isn't enough to nicely landscape a full sim with buildings, furniture, and decorations. 10K? That's enough based on my experiences.

PS. Alternatively , I'd be happy to find a trustworthy partner who understands good landscaping principles, to split 1/2 a 20K or 30K sim long term.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 3

I still firmly believe that a 10k region, or the ability to own a homestead without a full region would result in more individuals buying land. The big advantage is that they are transacted directly in USD and that is a huge savings on in world L$ transactions. I still hope to see this one day. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jules Catlyn said:

Just rent 1/2 sim. Thats what i do. I dont see why a whole sim is needed for a business. There are very few products that require 65000 sqm to sell.

Love to, as I mentioned above, or simply pay with a partner.

Renting I could do .. the cost of a sim is very close to 51,500L/month ($230) so half a sim should cost me 25,750/month or 5,942/week. I don't see any 1/2 sims with 10K prims renting for that, though. And I'd like to pay via Paypal ... US$115 at the start of every month, just cause I'm weird that way (Scottish and a budgeter). So buying is the better solution.

I am probably going to hold off until I have no RL mortgage and can pay for a sim on my own ... that should be within a year or so.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Renting I could do .. the cost of a sim is very close to 51,500L/month ($230) so half a sim should cost me 25,750/month or 5,942/week. I don't see any 1/2 sims with 10K prims renting for that, though. And I'd like to pay via Paypal ... US$115 at the start of every month, just cause I'm weird that way (Scottish and a budgeter)

Are you Scottish? Dont you have to pay VAT then?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.