Can't delete an object..it copies itself!

Effy Khandr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am having a funny problem, I rezzed a decorative object to the ground...it has a script to spawn temprezz objects.

Now, I wanted to change one of the objects (not the script), the script got deleted.

What happened is that, the object stopped spawning but I can't delete it.

If I try to delete it, I delete a copy of it that is makes, the same if I try to take or return it to myself.

I also restarted the region to make sure we weren't stuck.

Good advices very much appreciated :)

(don't tell me I must be able to delete it or that that is impossible lol...)

Thank you so much everyone, trying to brainstorm with me

- Charolotte, the object is just a bit above the ground
- Luc, no, it is not listed because there is no script in it
- Cabbage, when I drag it, I don't drag the actual prim but a copy it makes ... I could make millions of copies like that without getting to the source prim
- Innuta, tried that, no luck
- Peewee, tried that too, no luck... this prim has no script in it anymore as I told in the beginning "I wanted to change one of the objects (not the script), the script got deleted. What happened is that, the object stopped spawning but I can't delete it"

So this prim sits happily in a script disabled square of land with no scripts in it and it just refuses to get deleted

7 answers to this question

If it just does not disappear when you delete it, then it could be an immortal prim, which is a form of ghost prim & a sim restart will get rid of it.

You say when you delete it you "deleted a copy of it that it makes" which makes it sound like it disappears and then appears again. Which would not be an immortal prim, but sounds more like it is a prim being re-rezzed by a rezzer as in my previous reply.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.