How to buy Abondoned Land?

Shyla Starflare

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I did this myself on a plot of land that was abandoned adjacent to my own parcel. I got a reply saying that policy is to wait seven days from the plot being abandoned and if more than one raised a ticket then it goes to auction otherwise it gets set for sale to me for 1L$ per sqm 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colt Leeder said:

I did this myself on a plot of land that was abandoned adjacent to my own parcel. I got a reply saying that policy is to wait seven days from the plot being abandoned and if more than one raised a ticket then it goes to auction otherwise it gets set for sale to me for 1L$ per sqm 

Good luck! Hope you get it!

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 5:44 PM, Colt Leeder said:

I've bought abandoned land numerous times and never had to wait as long as seven days. Usually three or four, if you put the request in on a Monday or Tuesday and they get around to it before the weekend. The only time I got bounced back and the land went to auction instead was when it was adjacent to protected roadside. 

It might be different on land that's newly abandoned, but on land that's been abandoned for months already. they aren't going to wait to see if anyone else wants it.

2 hours ago, Colt Leeder said:

You are probably right Karly - I had to wait seven days from the date of the land being abandoned not from when I made my request. I guess that's to allow everyone around a fair chance.

On an occasion when I applied to purchase some land which had just been abandoned, it was pointed out to me that the wait for seven days was actually a grace period for the person that abandoned the land, in case they changed their mind and wanted it back.

7 hours ago, Henry Blackwood said:

On an occasion when I applied to purchase some land which had just been abandoned, it was pointed out to me that the wait for seven days was actually a grace period for the person that abandoned the land, in case they changed their mind and wanted it back.

It's great that they do that - I'm sure some people abandon land and then regret the decision not knowing they have have it reversed if they ask.

On 11/5/2021 at 1:55 PM, Colt Leeder said:

It's great that they do that - I'm sure some people abandon land and then regret the decision not knowing they have have it reversed if they ask.

On 11/5/2021 at 2:03 PM, kitten Mills said:

I think it's more about waiting to see if more people apply for that land, because it automatically becomes an auction if there is more than one applicant for the same piece of land. And auctions can generate much more revenue than selling for one linden per metre.

The last time asked to buy abandoned land it took more time than usual. After 4 days, I asked if my request had been received. I was told that it's not offered immediately so as to give the former owner's a chance to change their mind. I never know such a thing existed. 

♫ The More You Know ♫

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.