AVSitter Prop Permissions

gwenavive

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

Hope someone can make some suggestions.

I'm using AVSitter to add prop items to the avi on sit and everything works perfectly except, it keeps asking for permissions each time. I've added the AVSitter to the parcel experiences from the maker. 

I've also tried both the latest version from Github and an older version i had but each time anyone sits on it, it asks for permissions to attach the props.

Any help would be great.

51 minutes ago, gwenavive said:

Hi,

Hope someone can make some suggestions.

I'm using AVSitter to add prop items to the avi on sit and everything works perfectly except, it keeps asking for permissions each time. I've added the AVSitter to the parcel experiences from the maker. 

I've also tried both the latest version from Github and an older version i had but each time anyone sits on it, it asks for permissions to attach the props.

Any help would be great.

The script needs to set to the AvSitter experience.    Even though it's full perms, if you've edited it and saved it, it will no longer be set to the right experience and some features won't work.

Either set the script to your own experience (and enable that on the parcel) or you'll need, I think, a paid-for version of AvSitter if you want to use their experience.

I started from scratch using all of the latest scripts from the AVSitter on Github and still the same thing. i can see that the AVSitter from Code Violet is in the region experiences but always asking for permissions?

I found something about checking the box at the bottom of scripts "Use Experience" but it's grayed out. I found a post about generating an experience key from 1 of 2 in world sandboxes but seems only premium members can go there.

Not sure what i'm missing to add a simple prop with AVSitter with only asking for perms once? Seems i'm the only person with this issue?

Anything else i can look at or try?

The problem here is that the AvSitter version from GitHub does not support what you want it to do - work with the AvSitter Experience.

The paid version does and will allow prop attachments without asking for permission and is the only way to have AvSitter work with Experiences.

If I recall correctly this is because the GitHub version has the user as the creator while the paid version has the original creator as the creator of the scripts which is the crux of the matter. This affects the Experience and wether it works or not.

Edit: Did some digging and I was right.

Outlined here: https://avsitter.github.io/avsitter2_prop.html

Experience Keys

Second Life has now enabled ‘experiences’ which will allow automatic attachments (without need for any permission request).

Important: The packaged version of AVsitter (inworld updates and marketplace) includes the [AV]object script compiled with the AVsitter experience by Code Violet. If you compiled [AV]object from GitHub yourself, this section doesn’t apply, as the script won’t have the experience enabled.

For automatic attachments to work, Users will need to enable the experience ‘AVsitter’ (created by Code Violet) on their land. An experience may be enabled at the Estate or Parcel level by adding it to the ‘Allowed Experiences’ list. For an excellent explanation, see this video by Froukje Hoorenbeek. Be sure to choose the experience created by Code Violet as anyone could have accidentally created an experience with the same name.

You can find out more about ‘experiences’ on the SL blog and in the SL scripting WIKI.

Important: If users do not enable the ‘AVsitter’ by Code Violet experience then each prop will require permission to attach and the owner may receive the message “To enable auto-attachments, please enable the experience in About Land.” (discussion)
Edited by So Whimsy

Just wanted to note that some VERY TOP CREATORS :D  are making things "for experiences" that "I" at least could never get to work on my sim by following the instructions.  I am not a big experience fan anyway so I am happy to attach the old way.  This has been going on for maybe four years for me now (long before AVsitter became free) so nothing NEW in the mix most likely.  I guess if I really cared I would try and figure it out, but I haven't found any products set to work with Experiences to actually work JUST by adding the experience to the sim as advised to by the creators -- this from products I didn't  modify at all.  Not sure if this is helpful info but tossing it into the mix, but apparently there are a lot of folks that don't understand how this is supposed to work.    

58 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Just wanted to note that some VERY TOP CREATORS :D  are making things "for experiences" that "I" at least could never get to work on my sim by following the instructions.  I am not a big experience fan anyway so I am happy to attach the old way.  This has been going on for maybe four years for me now (long before AVsitter became free) so nothing NEW in the mix most likely.  I guess if I really cared I would try and figure it out, but I haven't found any products set to work with Experiences to actually work JUST by adding the experience to the sim as advised to by the creators -- this from products I didn't  modify at all.  Not sure if this is helpful info but tossing it into the mix, but apparently there are a lot of folks that don't understand how this is supposed to work.    

I have the paid version of AvSitter and using it with the Experience enabled hands out props without a prompt to me and anyone else sitting on the furniture so it does work as intended.

2 hours ago, So Whimsy said:

I have the paid version of AvSitter and using it with the Experience enabled hands out props without a prompt to me and anyone else sitting on the furniture so it does work as intended.

Well then you are doing better than some folks. I just said that certain ones from very well-known creators don't work for me :D.    The items I mentioned were made with paid version of AvSitter (I have that also -- the paid version). The had to be using the purchased version because there was no free version available when the items were released :D ---   and once we have paid why would anyone download the free version *wink*.  

55 minutes ago, gwenavive said:

Thanks everyone. That at least lets me know it's not me then :) Chic Aeon, are there other ways to attach objects to avi's here?

I just use the old fashioned way that you don't like LOL.  So can't help.  SOME Avsitter chairs (etc) have a menu that let's you choose "Get Props" or whatever you want to call it, so it gives out the props when asked and then the person ADDS them when using the furniture.   I typically make props that "call an animation or pose" which is REALLY OLD TECH :D.   But hopefully someone else will comment.  

I really know almost nothing about "experiences".  

Thanks Chic,

I managed to find an [AV]object that must have been compiled right and all working now without having to purchase what is now "Open Source"?

It's actually for a pose stand in my fashion store that lets people hop on and dresses them in an outfit and struts them around to see how it looks without having to get a Demo and clutter their inventory.

Thanks everyone for the pointers. Big help :)

Edited by gwenavive

On 10/2/2021 at 2:39 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Not sure if this is helpful info but tossing it into the mix, but apparently there are a lot of folks that don't understand how this is supposed to work.    

So without reference to any particular product or use-case, here is a basic overview of how experiences are supposed to work, for the Creator, Land-owner and User.

Step 1. A premium member Creator acquires an experience. Any premium member can get up to 1 experience via a series of convoluted menu navigations in the viewer, an dname it anything they want, (yes even something very similar to another persons experience because they're a troll.)

Step 2. Creator then writes a script and compiles it to the experience. (multiple people could collaborate with an experience, but that's more advanced. . . )

Step 3. The Land-owner places the scripted thing on their land, and enables the experience the script was compiled to in their land settings.

Step 4. a User comes along and interacts with the thing.

• If they are /not/ subscribed to the experience, and the experience is enabled on the land, they'll get a pop-up asking them to join the experience. if they accept the experience joiner the thing will work.
  • If they /are/ subscribed to the experience, and the experience is enabled on the land, the thing will work without a request or popup.
  • If the experience is not enabled on the land, the thing will not work, (and if the thing is badly scripted it probably won't tell you why).

TL;DR for an experience script to work, 3 things need to happen. 1)The script needs to be compiled to an experience. 2) the land needs to enable that experience. 3) the user needs to subscribe to that experience. 

6 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Step 4. a User comes along and interacts with the thing.

• If they are /not/ subscribed to the experience, and the experience is enabled on the land, they'll get a pop-up asking them to join the experience. if they accept the experience joiner the thing will work.
  • If they /are/ subscribed to the experience, and the experience is enabled on the land, the thing will work without a request or popup.
  • If the experience is not enabled on the land, the thing will not work, (and if the thing is badly scripted it probably won't tell you why).

Thanks that was helpful.  I was only the USER.  Even on my own sim though when I enabled the experience it didn't work as one; it merely gave out the items in the old accept and attach manner.  It could be the abilities that I have RENTING the sim, but honestly what percentage of folks actually OWN their own sim.  I tried on mainland lots also to no avail.   

As a consumer who doesn't know a lot about experiences when I get or buy and item telling you to add the experience I have never seen an explanation about what abilities you need to have for it to work. The sellers either just assume the purchasers know all about it -- or they don't care.  Since "I" don't care either LOL  it really doesn't matter to me.  But still ODD to be pushing something that only works for a small it seems group. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.