Wanted: Bento lips "locker"

Majbeline

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I hope I picked the right section... 

I have a problem: my avatar talks too much. I want to keep my (bento) lips/mouth/jaw in the default position (closed)... With the rest of me still mobile. 

I searched marketplace and Google several times, without finding something suitable.. Anyone here that might help me out with a bhv to upload or pose ? (or a marketplace link, i just don't want another hud...) 

Thank you very much, 

Maybelle

Thanks for the answer, not sure if that will do the trick... 

It's a Lelutka Evo {Erin}

I could deactivate the inbuilt animations by deselecting everything I guess - but I want just the mouth to stop moving, keeping the rest vivid {like taking a paper between my lips}... 

Edited by Majbeline

Deselecting all animations in the HUD would be a good start.

In the Vocal and Lips section (seen in example image from Lillith's post above), leaving all options deselected (button options not appearing as pink) should keep your mouth stationary.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Majbeline said:

Hello, I hope I picked the right section... 

I have a problem: my avatar talks too much. I want to keep my (bento) lips/mouth/jaw in the default position (closed)... With the rest of me still mobile. 

I searched marketplace and Google several times, without finding something suitable.. Anyone here that might help me out with a bhv to upload or pose ? (or a marketplace link, i just don't want another hud...) 

Thank you very much, 

Maybelle

What you are not telling us is if the mouth moves when you type, or when you use voice yourself.
If it is when you use voice, then have a look at this setting in Firestorm (click to enlarge)
image.png.5a04792421e22a924ccebcaef29fcbab.png

Thanks for the assistance.

I solved it like this now... I extracted a prio5 jawzero animation from another expression hud. Sadly it's no trans so I have to run it manually. (if it was trans I could call it via script or gesture) 

Has anyone such an animation as copy mod trans to share? 

On 9/22/2021 at 5:48 PM, Majbeline said:

if it was trans I could call it via script

no-transfer animations can be played by a script. Is a bit beyond this sub-forum to start talking about how to write a script to do it, but is doable

is also doable to wear a animation script which can be triggered by a gesture (to get around the limitation of standard gestures requiring full permissions assets)

somebody maybe will come by and help you with doing/obtaining this kind of script

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mollymews said:

no-transfer animations can be played by a script. Is a bit beyond this sub-forum to start talking about how to write a script to do it, but is doable

is also doable to wear a animation script which can be triggered by a gesture (to get around the limitation of standard gestures requiring full permissions assets)

somebody maybe will come by and help you with doing/obtaining this kind of script

The main trick is that to put no-trans animations into a thing, that thing needs to be rezzed in-world and not worn.

if @Majbeline or anyone else needs a trigger animation via gesture script, I've done exactly that before. . .(but was probably before I adopted my reasonable inventory sorting structure, would probably be faster to re-write than to find it. . .)

• Thanks 1

integer gChan = 17; // change this to taste.
// say in local chat or via the 'say' comand in a gesture:
// /17 start animName
// to start an animation 
// /17 stop animName
// to stop an animation.
{
  state_entry()
  {  llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(),PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);
  }
  attach(key ID)
  {  if(ID)
     {  llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(),PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);
     }
  }
  run_time_permissions(integer perms)
  {  if(perms==PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION)
     {  state running;
     }
  }
}
state running
{
  state_entry()
  {
     llListen(gChan,"",llGetOwner(),"");
  }
  changed(integer c)
  {  if(c&CHANGED_OWNER)
     {  llResetScript();
     }
  }
  listen(integer chan, string name,key ID, string text)
  {
    string cmd = llGetSubString(text,0,3);
    string anim = llGetSubString(text,5,-1);
    if("start"==cmd)
    {  llStartAnimation(anim);
    }else if("stop"==cmd)
    {  llStopAnimation(anim);
    }
  }
}

I had a free second to re-write it. untested; probably typos.

• Thanks 1

@Quistess Alpha thank you so much, I overlooked the *new post* notification, that's why I discover it only now. I will test it tonight, for I asked myself all the time how it works... The trick to bind it on a speech command that can be used is simple, but I did not think that far.... {nor that I could code it appropriate} 

Thank you so much! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.