Why has my Land Allotment not increased now that Property I once owned has sold?

shellieworden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Dear Lindens, I recently sold (and received funds L$$ for) a parcel recently, but my Land Allotment has not increased.  In fact, it remains the same (as if I still owned the parcel) -- decreasing my ability to buy more parcels.  Is this an accounting glitch?

Please let me know how we can solve this issue, so that my Land allotment for my particular Tier Fee will increase to the appropriate square meters -- now that I no longer own the previous parcel on "Wet Hoof" SIM.

Thanks,

Shellie

4 answers to this question

You are not talking to Lindens.  This is a resident forum.  Lindens rarely come here and they never answer personal questions when they do.  I suggest filing a support ticket or contacting the business office on Monday morning.  The  billing team is available from 6am to 2pm PST, Monday through Friday. Call toll-free in the US/Canada: 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277.

Are you sure you are looking at the right value in the correct place?  The easiest way is to check the lower section of your Account Summary page:  https://secondlife.com/my/account

Additionally, if the land was actually owned by your group, then you had previously donated your tier to the group. You would have to reclaim that tier before your Account will show it as available to you.  Selling land owned by a group does not automatically return the tier to you.

image.png

Thanks for your replies Rolig Loon & LittleMe Jewell. 

@ LittleMe Jewell-- I was able to (finally!) chat with the Lindens, and this is what they said:

"...It's possible that although you sold the land, you may not have decreased your contribution to the group.
That means that even though the group no longer owns that parcel, you may still be contributing your personal
tier to the group.

To check this, [go in-World] open Communicate > Groups, right-click the Group that owned the Land and choose View Info.
Then open the Land/Assets tab. Next to "Your Contribution" there will be a number where you can change how
much land you're contributing to the group. You will most likely want to subtract the size of the land you
just sold from your contribution."

And this worked!   :)

It also reflected on my account immediately!

I haven't had this kind of good result even with my Bank!  lol

Thanks again guys,

-Michelle

Edited by shellieworden

This reclaiming tier step only applies if the land was group-deeded. You can see your tier donation to groups at https://secondlife.com/my/account/groupland.php but I don't know of a way to adjust those on the web; I've only ever done so in-world, where I'd open the list of groups (Ctrl-Shift-G or Communicate > Groups), right-click on the relevant group and choose View Info, then Land/Assets, and you reclaim tier by reducing "Your contribution" to the group.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.