RPGs and quests in SL

asteriddle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

as a self proclaimed 'SL loner', i always really love finding RPG elements and 'quests' on sims that can be experienced solo. and after learning to code my own quests for my own place, i've come to have a newfound appreciation for the kind of work that goes into these kinds of experiences.

im talking running around, talkings to NPCs, exploring, maybe a nicely crafted cave? stuff that turns sl into a 'game', even if just for a little while

they don't even have to be fancy or have a hard storyline, something as simple as someone leaving their poetry out in notecards for you to find and piece things together is enough. i just like to discover things!

so please, let's talk about em! though the premise of this thread is mainly experiences that can be done solo, i don't mind mentions of rp sims with fancy gamey huds (that can also be played with while on your lonesome)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

(Full Disclosure:  I run The Wastelands, and I coded up it's games)

The Wastelands and it's games have been around for almost 15 years now, and I've always strived to add RPG elements to it.  We've got:

• Resource Gathering
  • A robust Crafting System.
  • Several NPCs, who dispense quests and barter for items.
  • Multiple procedurally generated daily quests.
  • And we like to have seasonal content and quests.

All of it can be done solo. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NeoBokrug Elytis said:

(Full Disclosure:  I run The Wastelands, and I coded up it's games)

The Wastelands and it's games have been around for almost 15 years now, and I've always strived to add RPG elements to it.  We've got:

• Resource Gathering
  • A robust Crafting System.
  • Several NPCs, who dispense quests and barter for items.
  • Multiple procedurally generated daily quests.
  • And we like to have seasonal content and quests.

All of it can be done solo. :)

nothing wrong with some self advetisement! i've actually been meaning to check out wastelands but then irl got in the way : p

it sounds really interesting though! nice and elaborate, can't wait to take a look once i have internet access again (and maybe an appropriate outfit lol)

The only RPG I have found to be fun when I have the extra time is with Bloodlines with the legends part it has the same concept of going to various NPCS gathering items on the legends world part and returning them it reminds me of the video game Skyrim or The Elder Scrolls Online. Both are by the same company at least its fun to do but people frown upon bloodlines because its a cash cow system. Don't get me wrong I've invested into it but I only do the legends part when I am bored and don't really participate in the normal part of Bloodlines with gaining souls and ranking up. 

there are some actual quests on Linden owned land.  I'll not spoil them for you, but take a look at my profile pick called "my silly hat" for the location to a fun one (the prize is a silly hat).

If you'd like a list of the others, I have a detailed nc of secret areas/quest with solutions on Linden owned land that I mapped in 2019, it was quiet a fun project to do.  If you'd like it, contact me inworld as I'm rarely on the forums these days.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.