A "solution" to the gacha issue(?)-- Buy one, get a bonus free

LilithServil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Gacha's weren't  just about the rare, quite often it was more about the theme - decorative matched content is desirable in addition to the house to put it all in.

yes

i saw a sign behind the counter of a jewellery store inworld a while ago now. The sign was offering 20,000L for the last piece the store owner wanted to complete the set they were collecting

Worth highlighting as things get lost easily in the main gacha thread of doom, it's been confirmed that you are allowed conveyor belt vendors. These are ones that select a random item from the list and tell you that you can now buy that specific item. Then after it is bought, it selects a new item.

The key to any alternative system is the item purchased must be known before the customer pays. What will be for sale next can be a surprise, but not what is for sale now.

It's included in the FAQ here: https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/8586-policy-change-regarding-gacha/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mollymews said:

yes

i saw a sign behind the counter of a jewellery store inworld a while ago now. The sign was offering 20,000L for the last piece the store owner wanted to complete the set they were collecting

offering 20000L to whom? Whoever visited their store and happened to have that piece?

See, that is one thing i hated so much about gachas: it's ok to pay that amount of money to whomever got lucky to grab it in the gacha, but not ok to pay that amount to the actual Creator of the item who worked hard for it and rightfully deserved it? It's sick and twisted. I really don't understand it. Glad gachas are gone.

3 minutes ago, Elvina Ewing said:

offering 20000L to whom? Whoever visited their store and happened to have that piece?

See, that is one thing i hated so much about gachas: it's ok to pay that amount of money to whomever got lucky to grab it in the gacha, but not ok to pay that amount to the actual Creator of the item who worked hard for it and rightfully deserved it? It's sick and twisted. I really don't understand it. Glad gachas are gone.

what we don't know about this is: if the creator does sell rare gacha items independently or if they keep faith with their gacha customers by not doing this. Another thing we don't know is if the gacha set was still available to be played. Also some gacha creators remove aged product lines same as any other creator does. And some gacha creators close down and the only way to get the items ever after is on the reseller market

i have met a person inworld who paid L$72,000 for a potted tree plant at a charity auction. They have heaps of potted plants in their castle from the same creator. They have a special room to display them all. I was like really ?! and they went: yes really, I can afford it, I like them and well yanno! I already have more shoes than I could ever possibly wear

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.