Over 900 of my items gone from my inventory

Nerxual Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

And I want to open a support ticket but seems Lindens disabled that option or something is wrong with the website.

I log in today, empty my trash, only later to find out that a lot of my stuff is missing... I had a folder named "Buildings" with things I can not replace... I cleared my cache, restarted secondlife and still no luck. I would very much appreciate it if Lindens restore that folder for me. 

This is only way I get a linden's attention. I'm upset, I had personal homes in that folder. I took a screenshot.

@Peggy: Pooley crashed me and Aqua is all lag for me. I still have missing items :(

@Peewee: I just recently found that today and I find that really messed up. It's like LL really does not care at all.I hope they change that quickly. Not sure why they changed that at all. I use to make support tickets before. I'm at basic membership. And cause of LL past issues, I don't want to support them by going premium.

[Update]@Peewee: Told my husband about premuim v.s basic and he doesn't believe it. So if it is false. I am only looking for helpful answers, not false information, please.

[Update no.2]@Peewee: I just made a support ticket and I'm still on basic account... No I think I'll believe my husband's word more. Sorry to LL that I thought they disabled support tickets to basic accounts when rumors are being passed. 

@Love: No. I am using only viewer people worked very hard for. That's Viewer 2.5, SecondLife's offical viewer. I don't like their layout. Not going to phoenix cause staff won't care about any problems. At least I get replies from LL even if it's been a year.

Over 900 items gone....jpg

My husband made a support ticket for me while ago, still nothing from LL and my folder of buildings is still gone.... No helpful answers with on this... Is there someone who knows programing and Secondlife better than anyone on this topic? I would like a REAL helpful answer. Teleporting to LL's supported sims crash me, no surprise. Clearing cache obviously doesn't work after 10 or more tries. Going to third party viewers ain't even an helpful answer to begin with.

6/18/2011

I'm noticing others are now starting to have the same problem as me.

Clearing Cache DOES NOT Work Obviously! I still need help on the issue and Lindens won't move a finger to help.

I stand corrected. They will a move a finger but only lie to your face and BS their way. 

6 answers to this question

Though it does happen, perminately losing inventory is very rare.  Find your cache location on your computer.  The easiest way is to open the tab you use to clear your cache and make note of the cache location in the box showing the path on your computer.  Close the viewer and navigate to that location on your computer and manually delete it.  Then log in to SL but change your log in location to an LL supported sim.........Smith, Aqua or Pooley.  Once you arrive in that sim (you'll be under water) simply take a couple steps to get out of the landing point and open your inventory.  If the counter has not started, type in the search box the letters "A", "B", "C", etc until the counter starts.  Then just wait......don't do anything drastic like change clothes or dance.  It can take a while so be patient.  Once your counter stops and show the number "Fetched" you should be good to go and you can TP home.

• Like 1

Nerxual Oh wrote:

And I want to open a support ticket but seems Lindens disabled that opition or something is wrong with the website.

@Peewee:
I just recently found that today and I find that really messed up. It's like LL really does not care at all.I hope they change that quickly. Not sure why they changed that at all. I use to make support tickets before. I'm at basic membership. And cause of LL past issues, I don't want to support them by going premium.

[update]@Peewee:
Told my husband about premuim v.s basic and he doesn't believe it. So if it is false. I am only looking for helpful answers, not false information, please.

My husband made a support ticket for me while ago, still nothing from LL and my folder of buildings is still gone.... No helpful answers with on this... Is there someone who knows programing and Secondlife better than anyone on this topic? I would like a REAL helpful answer. Teleporting to LL's supported sims crash me, no surprise. Clearing cache obviously doesn't work after 10 or more tries. Going to third party viewers ain't even an helpful answer to begin with.

6/18/2011

I'm noticing others are now starting to have the same problem as me.

Clearing Cache DOES NOT Work Obviously!
I still need help on the issue and Lindens won't move a finger to help.

Sorry that you husband doesn`t believe me, but he is mistaken & I did not give you false information. Maybe your husband should read http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Support_Tickets_Types which clearly shows the lack of support tickets that are available to Basic members, which has been the case for the last couple of years.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.