You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 6:11 PM, Sandrine Vanbeeck said:

Absolutely ! 😊

What kind of music do you do ? 🎼🎶🎸

Very late response because I didnt realise you'd replied to me.. but the answer is....

Folk/traditional  - mostly ballads and story songs - leavened with some more recent tunes and cuts from different genres (because everyone knows a folk musician will snag anything with a good melody and meaningful lyrics. Plus, if there's a jam session or group sing going anywhere, in any style, you'll find the folkies drawn to it like moths to a candle)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Very late response because I didnt realise you'd replied to me.. but the answer is....

Folk/traditional  - mostly ballads and story songs - leavened with some more recent tunes and cuts from different genres (because everyone knows a folk musician will snag anything with a good melody and meaningful lyrics. Plus, if there's a jam session or group sing going anywhere, in any style, you'll find the folkies drawn to it like moths to a candle)

Very nice !

Maby you are interested into making a show at the Preservation Hall ?  *points to the post above* 😊

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely place I went to check it out and wound up landing upon TP right next to some yellow lines I am hoping this is because the SL location search tool dumped me in a bad spot. 

I did not explore long but when the first thing you see is yellow lines around what looked like a lovely and well decorated Restaurant my feeling of welcome is totally out the window. 

I under stand that the floor above in that building could be a private residence and that's cool we have the right to protect our privacy but you may want to set a landing point away from anything that would ruin the feeling of welcome to your sim and perhaps at a welcome area where you can see pictures and get note cards of the exciting thing you have to offer visiters

9a5d3b5b27bc5586cb1fc5c3c6f31820.jpg

Edited by Vanessa Amethyst
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Vanessa Amethyst said:

Lovely place I went to check it out and wound up landing upon TP right next to some yellow lines I am hoping this is because the SL location search tool dumped me in a bad spot. 

I did not explore long but when the first thing you see is yellow lines around what looked like a lovely and well decorated Restaurant my feeling of welcome is totally out the window. 

I under stand that the floor above in that building could be a private residence and that's cool we have the right to protect our privacy but you may want to set a landing point away from anything that would ruin the feeling of welcome to your sim and perhaps at a welcome area where you can see pictures and get note cards of the exciting thing you have to offer visiters

9a5d3b5b27bc5586cb1fc5c3c6f31820.jpg

Hello Vanessa.

I´m  very sorry that you had such a bad experience at NOLA, this time.

I totally understand, that you were not pleased.

Please let me explain what happened there at this time: There were several LL server updates and restarts, that caused major problems in the whole SIM. For this case, several complains of NOLA renters reached me. Several weren´t able to reach their own rented propperty in town, because some of the main parcel settings changed weird, after all the restarts and updates. After this, the whole SIM was unaviable for almost 3 full hours ! Here you can see, that we had really major problems.

But I was able to fix and bring back all to normal the next day and meanwhile all what you described, is gone now.

So feel free to give it another try and enjoy the city without such problems ☺️

Friendly Greetings.

Sandrine Dallin-Vanbeeck

NOLA City Municipality

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Sandrine Vanbeeck said:

Hello Vanessa.

I´m  very sorry that you had such a bad experience at NOLA, this time.

I totally understand, that you were not pleased.

Please let me explain what happened there at this time: There were several LL server updates and restarts, that caused major problems in the whole SIM. For this case, several complains of NOLA renters reached me. Several weren´t able to reach their own rented propperty in town, because some of the main parcel settings changed weird, after all the restarts and updates. After this, the whole SIM was unaviable for almost 3 full hours ! Here you can see, that we had really major problems.

But I was able to fix and bring back all to normal the next day and meanwhile all what you described, is gone now.

So feel free to give it another try and enjoy the city without such problems ☺️

Friendly Greetings.

Sandrine Dallin-Vanbeeck

NOLA City Municipality

Thank you for the reply my impression is Immediately Changed! I will be a frequent visitor

• Thanks 2

Santa is spending time in New Orleans City in SL before he heads off on his Christmas Eve journey, so if you STILL need to see  him then pop on over to Bourbon St to make those last minute requests to him. He should be in GREAT spirits considering all the Hurricanes he been drinking!

Santa in New Orleans City.png

Edited by Bayou Diesel
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Bayou Diesel said:

Santa is spending time in New Orleans City in SL before he heads off on his Christmas Eve journey, so if you STILL need to see  him then pop on over to Bourbon St to make those last minute requests to him. He should be in GREAT spirits considering all the Hurricanes he been drinking!

Santa in New Orleans City.png

Oh, oh. Don´t drink and drive !

1811234055_ScreenHunter137.jpg.d60abddd99b7fa95797a84c6290c7456.jpg

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Art in New Orleans !

Don´t miss to visit the painting exhibition "Also Painters" in La Gallery.

See a lot of paintings from your favorite RL celebreties, who are also painters.

You´ll find the La Gallery brach office on Bourbon street.

Just click the sign, TP to the Gallery and enjoy !

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/New Orleans City/176/159/22

z.thumb.jpg.1fbe2d95f1bdb0eafaaa1f18c104bf2c.jpg

z.thumb.jpg.34fb1e21e7fd842b0b0a5ae5d9c0908e.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

One year is gone after the setup of the visitor counter at NOLA.

So it´s time to take a look at the visitor numbers of the last year: 15944 !

I think that is a pretty neat number and I would like to say a big "thank you" to all visitors and for all the nice comments !

Thank you all for your constant support ! 🙂

1156445401_z(4).jpg.d3de9a901abad6c08301062b025f72fc.jpg

Edited by Sandrine Vanbeeck
  • Like 3

On 11/13/2022 at 6:59 AM, PheebyKatz said:

I've lived in the RL New Orleans for around thirty years, and yeah, they did a pretty good job on paying homage to it in SL. It's realistic enough that I instictively avoided Bourbon Street, just like in RL. XD

This is truely, one of the best compliments you can get for your work ! 😄

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.