You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Samantha Stork said:

I have a very personal attachment to NOLA and it's creators, but I have to admit that it is definitely one of the best places in SL, design wise and a great place to live and spend your time! NOLA is part of me, as I will always be a part of NOLA!

Sam was a close friend of my deceased partner Amanda, who was the idea giver of the whole NOLA idea many, many years ago. The co-builder and co- owner.

Amanda really would have loved to read all those wonderfull comments here. The idea to create something that gives people warm feelings and a good time always inspired her.

We created a place of longing, a getaway, a dream ... a place to be like you are, a place to call home. The value is, that it touched so many people over the years. So many individual stories, so many wonderful moments. It´s precious.

• Like 1

I love this sim so much! It's one of the few places where I can get that good ol' southern atmosphere. I stumbled upon this sim in 2018 and have been renting there ever since. The vibe is very warm and friendly.  I mainly come there for southern based roleplay, exploring the scenery, and to relax and chat. I'm so happy to be a part of such a great community in SL!    

• Like 2

I visited here for the first time last weekend, and was SO taken by the fun, lively atmosphere that I decided to rent out a building to join in on the action! After you've taken a tour of all the sights, check out  "Beignet Café" ;) Coffee and refreshing seltzer are served, as are - of course - beignets and other pastries and breads. Hang out with a friend or two and make sure you have your music turned on to enjoy the blues and jazz that is always streaming. It is a warm, friendly atmosphere - and while I haven't been there long, I really am enjoying it there, and know that you will too!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Slushie Adored said:

I love this sim so much! It's one of the few places where I can get that good ol' southern atmosphere. I stumbled upon this sim in 2018 and have been renting there ever since. The vibe is very warm and friendly.  I mainly come there for southern based roleplay, exploring the scenery, and to relax and chat. I'm so happy to be a part of such a great community in SL!    

When you visit NOLA, don´t miss to visit Slushie´s little arcade at the corner of Clublane / Bourbon St. at the other side of the Absinth Café.

Thank you so much for setting it up, Slushie ! ☺️ It always brings me a smile, when I walk by.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AllieKat Stovall said:

Quaint little southern town. The spirit of NOLA is perfectly captured in the design and feel of this sim. Shops and rental properties fit the theme to a tee. Come on over and visit!

There is nothing more to add ! Thank you so much, Sora  *big hugs*.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RaffiGirl Koffenbaum said:

I visited here for the first time last weekend, and was SO taken by the fun, lively atmosphere that I decided to rent out a building to join in on the action! After you've taken a tour of all the sights, check out  "Beignet Café" ;) Coffee and refreshing seltzer are served, as are - of course - beignets and other pastries and breads. Hang out with a friend or two and make sure you have your music turned on to enjoy the blues and jazz that is always streaming. It is a warm, friendly atmosphere - and while I haven't been there long, I really am enjoying it there, and know that you will too!

What a wonderful description of the actual purpose and goal of NOLA. Serving a place to stay, where you can let your mind wander and have a peaceful spot to forget about all the RL hassle ... even when it´s only for a while. 🤗

• Like 2

The business idea of the week !

Did you knew, that NOLA is around for 12 years now ?

We constant improved and adapted it, but carefully, to keep the spirit.

In this long time we got a lot of fans, who expressed their admiration in many diffrent ways. That always made us proud and told us we are on the right path. ☺️

One of them is selling pictures as a background for photo shooting on the MP, which were all taken at our NOLA.

I should ask for some usage fee ... 😀

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/KaTink-New-Orleans-Pack/4044348

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/KaTink-New-Orleans-Pack-2/4493942

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/KaTink-New-Orleans-Pack-3/4493945

Note: Those pics are from the "middle aged" version of NOLA. Some places have changed or are replaced with better buildings now.

• Like 1

Inspired by my love of the real world original, I first visited New Orleans City several years ago and came back often, as I found it a lovely and friendly place to be. I rented here for a time and when I decided to reopen my tea room/gallery, I never really considered any other home for it. Please drop by for some refreshment and have a look at the art. Just be careful what you choose from the teapot. Most of the offerings are what you might expect to share with a friend, but there are a few you might be more inclined to share with your worst enemy!

I am so pleased to be back and I'm looking forward to a much longer stay this time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hazel Foxtrot said:

Inspired by my love of the real world original, I first visited New Orleans City several years ago and came back often, as I found it a lovely and friendly place to be. I rented here for a time and when I decided to reopen my tea room/gallery, I never really considered any other home for it. Please drop by for some refreshment and have a look at the art. Just be careful what you choose from the teapot. Most of the offerings are what you might expect to share with a friend, but there are a few you might be more inclined to share with your worst enemy!

I am so pleased to be back and I'm looking forward to a much longer stay this time. 

Thank you so much, Hazel ! You are a good example for many of our city friends. They move on to explore the grid for a while ... but one day, it pulls them back home. ☺️

• Like 1

Hello All,

Since I Joined the Continental Navy I was blown away when I visited NOL. So many memories and good times I had there. Sadly some beloved parted from us but hey that is no reason

to try keep NOL up ! So I decided to build a Galleon Named The Amanda and a % of the sales will go to Sandrine to try keep up NOL.

Keep strong Sandrine and many hugs :)

• Like 2

The love that San and Amanda put into New Orleans shows in everything you see.  This was not a quick "slap it together" sim, but a long term build that as evolved over the years almost as much as the city it is based on.  As mentioned, it is not an exact copy of anywhere in NO, but instead is a "in the spirit of" build that manages to capture the distilled essence of this ancient and storied city.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sletty said:

Hello All,

Since I Joined the Continental Navy I was blown away when I visited NOL. So many memories and good times I had there. Sadly some beloved parted from us but hey that is no reason

to try keep NOL up ! So I decided to build a Galleon Named The Amanda and a % of the sales will go to Sandrine to try keep up NOL.

Keep strong Sandrine and many hugs :)

Amanda would have been so proud ! Great work, Sletty !

I will do my very best, to keep Amandas heritge alive. But I think with the help of all those wonderful people it will work. 😗

2021 (506).jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xi Larnia said:

The love that San and Amanda put into New Orleans shows in everything you see.  This was not a quick "slap it together" sim, but a long term build that as evolved over the years almost as much as the city it is based on.  As mentioned, it is not an exact copy of anywhere in NO, but instead is a "in the spirit of" build that manages to capture the distilled essence of this ancient and storied city.

You are so right, Xi. *HUGS*

2021 (544).jpg

ATTENTION, ATTENTION !

This saturday, the 14th, at 3 PM SLT. we have the amazing DimiVan Ludwig in concert on Bourbon St, here in New Orleans !

Don´t miss this amazing artist ! 🤩

Dimivan Ludwig is a veteran pro, performing in Second Life since 2006.  When you see Dimi perform, you get 100% Dimi... Dimi is renown for his naughty humor during his performances. No one is safe during a Dimi show, and everyone leaves with a smile on their face.  Couple his hilarious humor with an amazing voice and a superb ability to play the guitar and piano, you will certainly leave a Dimivan Ludwig show wanting more!

Songs from Don Henley, John Prine, Rodney Carrington, Edwin McCain, Neil Young, Lyle Lovett and so many more. 100% real, 100% live!

14.08.2021 Dimi at NOLA.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

About 10 years ago, I was missing New Orleans. I visited a couple of sims around at the time, but when I found the Swamp Hostel in Bourbon Street NOLA sim, I knew I was home. I roleplay (still do) a Timelord who has her homebase during this time in New Orleans. One night, I noticed I had a new neighbor at the Hostel. A musician, and his sex piano kept giving off local chat spam. Figures, I thought. I messaged him and was still online when he came on to fix it. We chatted, and I found out that he was a real-life banjo player who also loved New Orleans. Two years later, we visited together in Real Life, the real NOLA, and later, got married.

I live in Germany now, so I don't get to the RL NOLA anymore. But I still live in our beautiful SL NOLA, and I still make beautiful music with my now RL husband, whom I met in our wonderful SL NOLA.

Thanks so much to Sandrine and the memory of her partner, Amanda, who established the bones and skin of such a magical place. And thanks to all the great people and their memories, who have added the gristle and fat to the place, and those residents like me, who maybe contribute a few tattoos.

Very few places welcome all people, all costumes, and all lifestyles, as easily as the real-life New Orleans. And this Second Life one has found a way to do that too. Secrets and details to be discovered in and around the buildings and sets, clubs with live music, good conversation, poker, and alligators.  Restaurants and shops to pick up free NOLA foods and beads -- a police station and firestation to call or work at, when things go wrong. Bayou Diesel, a fellow resident, offers realistic hotspots around the sim, and rocker Clairede Dirval owns a club here, where she sometimes does surprise concerts.

We welcome new folks and visitors who love New Orleans and a laid-back lifestyle. My door is always open, in the Swamp Hostel, with the Krewe of the Lily doormat outside.  Y'all come!

Gabor And Chat against wall at swamp 2.png

Gabor and Chat practice busking 21 4.png

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Sandrine Vanbeeck said:

🚇  Public Transport in NOLA !  🚇

Finally we have public transport in NOLA ! 😆
You´ll find all over the city diffrent streetcar stops of the green St. Charles streetcar line.

Feel free to try it out 🚇

Snapshot_108.jpg

Snapshot_104.jpg

Snapshot_099 - Kopie.jpg

Awesome! Already sent one of my alts there recently. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.