You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello ya´ll and welcome in the deep south !

The city is inspired by late 20th century New Orleans, Louisiana.

My deceased partner and me build and run this wonderful place for about a decade now. We truely love it and call it a home.

We didn´t do a 100 % RL copy, we tried more to catch the spirit. And as many of our RL NOLA resident visitors, and our long time residents told us ... we nailed it.

NOLA image movie 2017

https://places.secondlife.com/regions/4305/new-orleans-city

Feel free to visit sometimes, enjoy the southern hospitality and our legendary customer service. 🙂

• Like 11

On 8/3/2021 at 7:35 PM, Katherine Heartsong said:

Adds this to my list of places to visit. Love well designed and thematic sims.

Then I´m sure you´ll like it. We have a passion for details ...

Ah, and don´t mind the ant problem at the beginning of Bourbon St. The pest controller is on his way. Maby next week or the week after ... I mean...it´s NOLA 😉

Edited by Sandrine Vanbeeck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do not personally know the residents here as I have just moved in but I already love it lol. In rl I lived in Hammond and enjoyed going to New Orleans all the time. Now that I have moved back to be around family this is the closest I have to my second home. I see all the work that's been put into the sim and I know it probably wasn't easy or built in a day. Thank you for the beautiful place I can be closer to home I am thankful for it more than you know!!!!! Big hugs from Hippy

• Like 4

I have rented in New Orleans City for many years.  I started with a little room in a rooming house with the trolley going by because I wanted to help the sim and not need to donate each time I visited.  After a while, I moved up to a little house with a great view of the steam boat and close to some lovely restaurants!  Finally, I have a large house on the square and love sitting on a porch, listening to the wonderful music on the local stream!

I'm not much of a joiner, but I am a lover of SL beauty and travel and New Orleans City it among the best!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Five Valeska said:

I have rented in New Orleans City for many years.  I started with a little room in a rooming house with the trolley going by because I wanted to help the sim and not need to donate each time I visited.  After a while, I moved up to a little house with a great view of the steam boat and close to some lovely restaurants!  Finally, I have a large house on the square and love sitting on a porch, listening to the wonderful music on the local stream!

I'm not much of a joiner, but I am a lover of SL beauty and travel and New Orleans City it among the best!

Thank you so much for your constant loyality !

We have several long-timers in town, who are renting with us for years now.

Those people are the backbone and the heart of the city. They keep NOLA alive ... especially in rough times. I can´t thank ya´ll enough !

Having them with us for so long, is also the most beautiful compliment you can get for your work and the daily effort we make, to create a place where people can really feel home.

Roots run deep ....here in the deep south   😆

• Like 1

I met NOLA through our late Admiral Amanda. A beautiful peaceful place and a paradise to live in and I have been living in NOLA for some time now. I invite Amanda and Sandrine's friends to come live in NOLA and make this place their home, surely you will be very happy

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jenniferlawr said:

I met NOLA through our late Admiral Amanda. A beautiful peaceful place and a paradise to live in and I have been living in NOLA for some time now. I invite Amanda and Sandrine's friends to come live in NOLA and make this place their home, surely you will be very happy

Dear Jennifer.

Thank you so much for your kind words and for your constant and most welcome assistance, to keep NOLA and Amandas heritage alive ! 😆

Your help is very precious and means a lot to me !

Thank you so much !

• Like 1

I first came to NOLA ten years ago when I was looking for cool sims to visit and a sandbox (beware of snake). Surprisingly, it wasn't one of those empty sims - people live there and there are dances. The residents love it.  When I went into business I opened a Mardi Gras store there, and later when I started making furniture, put my store there. If you are looking for interesting sims in SL this should be on your list.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Manny Kenin said:

Sandrine and all of the people there have been nice as they can be. Great people and a fantastic sim!

*HUGS*  😆

btw ... Manny is the best Southern Rock and Blues DJ, you´ll find in whole SL !

I really hope he can continue his wonderful shows in NOLA very soon !

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, CaraCali Nova said:

I first came to NOLA ten years ago when I was looking for cool sims to visit and a sandbox (beware of snake). Surprisingly, it wasn't one of those empty sims - people live there and there are dances. The residents love it.  When I went into business I opened a Mardi Gras store there, and later when I started making furniture, put my store there. If you are looking for interesting sims in SL this should be on your list.

I´m so happy to have you here, Cara !  😃 *HUGS*

• Like 1

I came to Nola by chance, I just really wanted to stay there a little longer, lots of nice places to see, warm and creative people, beautiful colors, just want to dance I found a great club for that: the club Voyant, and good music all over the sim. Finally I rented a small house, on Bourbon Street, often I leave the door open, people from all walks of life pass by my house, every day, it's alive, what the people ask for! :)

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, TepthaMaeh said:

I came to Nola by chance, I just really wanted to stay there a little longer, lots of nice places to see, warm and creative people, beautiful colors, just want to dance I found a great club for that: the club Voyant, and good music all over the sim. Finally I rented a small house, on Bourbon Street, often I leave the door open, people from all walks of life pass by my house, every day, it's alive, what the people ask for! :)

Thank you so much. Be sure, I´ll do my very best to serve a comfy and cosy home for you ! 😊

• Like 1

Catch a ride on the Dixie Belle paddle wheel steamboat (invented by a distance relative, yes really) & travel down the Mississippi River to the Crescent City, New Orleans founded in 1718 by French explorers. Once you debark, take a short walk to the Treme Bistro for a coffee with chicory & a New Orleans favorite,  a beignet. Now that you are refreshed, you are ready to tour around the French Quarter with it's famous Bourbon Street. Make sure you have your music on for a Blues music feed, so you get the full effect of sight & sound. Stop in the Absinthe Cafe & across the street at the Mardi Gras restaurant & bar , where you may swear you see Dr John at the piano or stand on the balcony overlooking Bourbon Street. Be on the lookout for a gypsy fortune teller who can tell you how  your dreams will  come true, or a voodoo priestess who can put a hex on your enemies. You may find that you will want to stay awhile, so you can check into the motel or find a place to rent & live here full time, which I have done for nearly 10 years. Just remember the only good hurricane here is one that comes in a tall chilled glass.

Treme Bistro from Dixie Belle deck.jpg

Waves from Mardi Gras bar balcony.png

Dr John on piano.png

Dancing girl on Absinthe balcony.png

A good hurricane.png

Edited by Bayou Diesel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bayou Diesel said:

Catch a ride on the Dixie Belle paddle wheel steamboat (invented by a distance relative, yes really) & travel down the Mississippi River to the Crescent City, New Orleans founded in 1718 by French explorers. Once you debark, take a short walk to the Treme Bistro for a coffee with chicory & a New Orleans favorite,  a beignet. Now that you are refreshed, you are ready to tour around the French Quarter with it's famous Bourbon Street. Make sure you have your music on for a Blues music feed, so you get the full effect of sight & sound. Stop in the Absinthe Cafe & across the street at the Mardi Gras restaurant & bar , where you may swear you see Dr John at the piano or stand on the balcony overlooking Bourbon Street. Be on the lookout for a gypsy fortune teller who can tell you how  your dreams will  come true, or a voodoo priestess who can put a hex on your enemies. You may find that you will want to stay awhile, so you can check into the motel or find a place to rent & live here full time, which I have done for nearly 10 years. Just remember the only good hurricane here is one that comes in a tall chilled glass.

Treme Bistro from Dixie Belle deck.jpg

Waves from Mardi Gras bar balcony.png

Dr John on piano.png

Dancing girl on Absinthe balcony.png

A good hurricane.png

Thank you so much, Bayou ! This sums it up in a perfect way ☺️

This is Bayou Diesel. The backbone, heart and living inventory of NOLA City. His decorations and venues determine the image of the City in a wonderful way !

It´s such an enrichment to have him here since ... well since almost ever.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.