New Premium Account, question about buying land

Warh Claven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1016 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there, I recently started a premium account and while the Linden Homes are very nice they're not quite my style.

I want to buy a parcel somewhere and I'm wondering: If I buy land on the land marketplace auction, will I need to pay an additional fee or just the premium membership fee?

If so, is there anywhere I can buy land that won't have an additional monthly fee?

You can buy land on the mainland up to 1024 square meters (actually 1120 if you "cheat" a litle) and not have to pay an additional fee. (just to be clear, if the total amount of land you own is more than 1024 square meters, then you need to pay a monthly fee, if the total amount of land you own is less than that you do not need to pay the fee.) Since you mentioned the auction, that is one place to get land very inexpensively, although the parcel sizes are often larger than 1024. https://places.secondlife.com/auctions#0  (Oh wow, there are some small adult parcels up for grabs, I'm definitely bidding on those. . .)

The one thing you want to watch out for is to not buy land from a "private estate" as even if the land is "for sale" you generally need to pay weekly rent to the resident-owner on those kinds of parcels.

• Like 1

You can't buy the mentioned 1024 tier free mainland AND keep a Linden home at the same time.
It is either one, not both at the same time.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

And do realize that a lot of mainland is in a pretty much desolated condition, certainly when compared with  Bellisseria where the Linden homes are.
And for the parts of mainland that are in a bit of good standing, you have to shell out a lot of L$ at times to buy a plot. So I would suggest to do a lot of investigation and exploring, before purchasing.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Warh Claven said:

Hi there, I recently started a premium account and while the Linden Homes are very nice they're not quite my style.

I want to buy a parcel somewhere and I'm wondering: If I buy land on the land marketplace auction, will I need to pay an additional fee or just the premium membership fee?

If so, is there anywhere I can buy land that won't have an additional monthly fee?

you can also simply keep the Linden Home, and go live in the sky ...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Warh Claven said:

thank you all for your input! that was above and beyond what I was hoping to find out and it was all very pertinent info.Huge thanks! ❤️

You're most welcome! If you have any more questions in the future just drop back in and ask!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1016 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.