Restrained Love features

ThaliaDupuy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1031 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

I have been using the firestorm viewer for a while now and it has worked pretty well for me at the moment.

however i stumbled on a link about  Restrained Love and it got me curious since i just started some BDSM Rp and i was wandering if it could improve the experience.

Can anyone tells me what features does this viewer have for this kind of scenario that its not present on other viewers? is it worth switching to it or is it mostly a marginal sidegrade compared to firestorm?

The dedicated RLV Viewer will always have the "new and shiny" features before most of those that use the RLV/RLVa API. That said, I can only tell you that for the most part you're better off sticking with your current Viewer - especially if you actually like its existing feature set.

You can always enable the RLV/RLVa feature within your current TPV (for Firestorm - as indicated - that is under Preferences, Firestorm, it's the first checkbox on the page).

The RLV viewer by Marine Kelley is pretty basic in my opinion. The Kokua viewer also uses Marine's RLV but has a more complete feature set. Likewise, the Cool VL Viewer incorporates Marine's RLV in a viewer 1 style UI, but updated with the latest bug fixes from LL.

I'm not one to comment on which system is 'better' for role play since I use the open source OC scripts in attachments as accessories to my outfits. I created a rigged mesh collar, put in the scripts, and figured out how to get everything working. Using an alt, I played with the system to see what the capabilities and limits (and bugs) of the system are.

Within this context, I can use the same basic collar and accessories on any viewer whether it's Firestorm, Singularity, Marine's RLV, Kokua, or Cool VL viewer. I think the single key difference I've noticed is that outfits within the #RLV sub-folders may be handled differently between systems. You can have several viewers installed at the same time, so try them out.

19 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

The dedicated RLV Viewer will always have the "new and shiny" features before most of those that use the RLV/RLVa API.

This isn't the case.

I work with Kitty on Catznip, the viewer in which RLVa is developed. RLVa then goes from us to Firestorm & others.

RLV and RLVa are separate projects. RLVa does not contain any code from RLV and is functionally very different

RLVa routinely adds new features that are then picked up by RLV, both API's have features the other does not (we are under no obligation to add every command that appears in the RLV spec, and vice versa). There are extensive differences in exactly how the end user experience is impacted by RLVa commands by design.

Some commands (like camera & vision control) are substantially different in how they operate. 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1031 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.