Jump to content

Land/Parcel/Traffic question....


AimeryBolam
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Ok, say I have a sim. And I parcel off a section, say a club.  Club gets traffic.  Does the sim increase it's traffic from the club, or does the fact that it's parceled off not count toward traffic on the sim?

That would be screwy... I mean, sim traffic is sim traffic, even if it's to a parcel, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's per parcel and pretty irrelevant.

Traffic is a numerical metric calculated for every parcel of land inworld. This score can be summarized as the cumulative minutes spent on the parcel by all visitors to the parcel within the previous day. (The value shown in About Land is based on data gathered from midnight to 11:59 PM, Pacific Time.) It is calculated by taking the total seconds spent on the parcel, dividing by 60, and rounding to the nearest whole minute. For example, if your parcel has a cumulative seconds total of 121s over the course of a day, the traffic score is 2.

Traffic has a mild influence on the relevance of search results. It's one of many factors included in the search logic.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, AimeryBolam said:

Ok, say I have a sim. And I parcel off a section, say a club.  Club gets traffic.  Does the sim increase it's traffic from the club, or does the fact that it's parceled off not count toward traffic on the sim?

That would be screwy... I mean, sim traffic is sim traffic, even if it's to a parcel, right?

this is something that has been requested in the past. For the parcel dialog to also include the dwell/traffic of all parcels owned by the same owner on the region. So far has not been implemented, but yes I think quite a few people would like this

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just curious, what would be the desired goal? I can see that traffic is still a very important factor in SL. I myself search places by traffic 99% of times. There are a lot of bots generating traffic. If parcels in the same region suddenly have traffic shared I can see it happen that those bots are all packed into the same tiny parcel without anyone being able to spot them and other parcels would still profit from the traffic. Unless I misunderstood the desired outcome.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2021 at 8:19 PM, Rowan Amore said:

It's per parcel and pretty irrelevant.

Traffic is a numerical metric calculated for every parcel of land inworld. This score can be summarized as the cumulative minutes spent on the parcel by all visitors to the parcel within the previous day. (The value shown in About Land is based on data gathered from midnight to 11:59 PM, Pacific Time.) It is calculated by taking the total seconds spent on the parcel, dividing by 60, and rounding to the nearest whole minute. For example, if your parcel has a cumulative seconds total of 121s over the course of a day, the traffic score is 2.

Traffic has a mild influence on the relevance of search results. It's one of many factors included in the search logic.

Thanks! Had that mixed up somewhat!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2021 at 10:30 PM, Mollymews said:

this is something that has been requested in the past. For the parcel dialog to also include the dwell/traffic of all parcels owned by the same owner on the region. So far has not been implemented, but yes I think quite a few people would like this

I can imagine.!  Would be nice to have a running total of people visiting the whole sim. Like run a sim report, including parcel tallies. That would be a scary feature, huh?

Thanks!  Glad I'm not the only one. :)

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2021 at 2:12 PM, Noelle Delaunay said:

I'm just curious, what would be the desired goal? I can see that traffic is still a very important factor in SL. I myself search places by traffic 99% of times. There are a lot of bots generating traffic. If parcels in the same region suddenly have traffic shared I can see it happen that those bots are all packed into the same tiny parcel without anyone being able to spot them and other parcels would still profit from the traffic. Unless I misunderstood the desired outcome.

Well, let's take an RP sim that creates parcels for a club, stores, etc.  Being the owner of the sim, one might want to know how many people are coming, not only to the sim, but the stores, the club, etc. In other words, is the club pulling more people than the RP area itself? Since the owner doesn't get the parcel tallies, hard to determine.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AimeryBolam said:

Well, let's take an RP sim that creates parcels for a club, stores, etc.  Being the owner of the sim, one might want to know how many people are coming, not only to the sim, but the stores, the club, etc. In other words, is the club pulling more people than the RP area itself? Since the owner doesn't get the parcel tallies, hard to determine.

A scripted visitor tracker could keep track of all that and use more metrics than just a traffic value.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...