How Does Your SL Look Today?

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Don't buy the Blah, it's just a rag. Imagine seeing your fish and chips wrapped in it! Appetite gone..

I was telling Sandor that, while I totally get that this is all good-spirited fun, it was giving me bad flashbacks to about 2010, when a group of rather unpleasant forumites created an "actual" scandal rag, hosted on an off-forum blog, that they used to "humorously" attack people they disliked here. Mostly, they were *cough* "generous" with me, but a favourite target for absolute garbage was my boyfriend at the time, and they totally went to town when we split up. I got used to having my personal life turned into a running joke.

Fortunately, this one is funny and cute, and reinforces community, rather than trying to tear it apart. So, kudos to Sandor for that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I was telling Sandor that, while I totally get that this is all good-spirited fun, it was giving me bad flashbacks to about 2010, when a group of rather unpleasant forumites created an "actual" scandal rag, hosted on an off-forum blog, that they used to "humorously" attack people they disliked here. Mostly, they were *cough* "generous" with me, but a favourite target for absolute garbage was my boyfriend at the time, and they totally went to town when we split up. I got used to having my personal life turned into a running joke.

Fortunately, this one is funny and cute, and reinforces community, rather than trying to tear it apart. So, kudos to Sandor for that.

Hopefully he takes the "hint" and keeps you out of the Blob.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Istelathis said:

Very reflective :D

Got me thinking of that Blood Elf 'pickup' line for some reason. 

"You know what I love about your eyes, when I look deep enough, I can see my own reflection."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Working on my avatar for Mobile. After removing any Flexi items, it looks better. Only the ears are failing to Rez. (You can't see my Luskwood tail because it's hard to get them in view for a screen shot). 

- Had to edit my custom whiskers to not be Flexi

- Had to find an old non-Flexi tail

- Had to switch to an outfit with no Flexi (could be it also didn't like the prim outfit attachments).

- Yes, the hair base color doesn't match well (is more apparent).

IMG_2510.jpeg

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Working on my avatar for Mobile. After removing any Flexi items, it looks better. Only the ears are failing to Rez. (You can't see my Luskwood tail because it's hard to get them in view for a screen shot). 

IMG_2510.jpeg

Very cool, very hot!  Maybe you could write up a few tips, based on your experience, when you are happy with the look?  I am still waiting for my invitation so I have many questions......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Well, he asked my permission to do this first, and very generously consulted me with every step, so that's not a concern.

Besides, I'm as pure as the driven snow! And boring to boot. There really is nothing to get scandalized about!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Out of curiosity, I created a privacy screen, that will be deleted shortly.

Snapshot_217.thumb.jpg.c22d0aca4ee9c3fa89774a70e3d0e3c8.jpg

A shot from the air, I thought it looked pretty neat but distracting.  There are better ways of hiding your neighbors though (I don't want to, I like my neighbors houses)

Snapshot_220.thumb.jpg.4ecdf5dfdb5743878aea7ea290c43298.jpg

I wondered what it would look like from the road, I don't really like it that much.  I am more impressed with the floating D20, I want to give it a roll and see if I score a critical.  I wonder if that parcel is home to a few friends that play pen and paper rpgs, now that I think about it, SL would make for one heck of a platform to stage your campaign in.. that is going off in an entirely different subject though.

Snapshot_221.thumb.jpg.e4001f03200e9d9ebc3abac9c7cf2cfa.jpg

From inside my parcel it does give off a vibe of isolation, not perfect but I don't feel as confined as I would normally with a privacy screen.

Snapshot_222.thumb.jpg.7d88ecfedab1fe2d80fc6f7eb5c53dac.jpg

And with it gone.  I don't typically use privacy screens, but I was curious what it would look like from different angles.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Out of curiosity, I created a privacy screen, that will be deleted shortly.

Snapshot_217.thumb.jpg.c22d0aca4ee9c3fa89774a70e3d0e3c8.jpg

A shot from the air, I thought it looked pretty neat but distracting.  There are better ways of hiding your neighbors though (I don't want to, I like my neighbors houses)

Snapshot_220.thumb.jpg.4ecdf5dfdb5743878aea7ea290c43298.jpg

I wondered what it would look like from the road, I don't really like it that much.  I am more impressed with the floating D20, I want to give it a roll and see if I score a critical.  I wonder if that parcel is home to a few friends that play pen and paper rpgs, now that I think about it, SL would make for one heck of a platform to stage your campaign in.. that is going off in an entirely different subject though.

Snapshot_221.thumb.jpg.e4001f03200e9d9ebc3abac9c7cf2cfa.jpg

From inside my parcel it does give off a vibe of isolation, not perfect but I don't feel as confined as I would normally with a privacy screen.

Snapshot_222.thumb.jpg.7d88ecfedab1fe2d80fc6f7eb5c53dac.jpg

And with it gone.  I don't typically use privacy screens, but I was curious what it would look like from different angles.  

So...an "advanced" privacy screen! And the advantages appear to be "many". Mostly because it doesn't look like a "privacy screen" from your side, and makes it look like the landscape is extended..?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So...an "advanced" privacy screen! And the advantages appear to be "many". Mostly because it doesn't look like a "privacy screen" from your side, and makes it look like the landscape is extended..?

Kind of, it does a pretty good job from within your property. It does look a little blurry though, so it is not perfect.  I think it will depend on the viewer though, how each of them renders PBR, how people are viewing the property.  From inside of the parcel, it looked okay, but at some angles it came out pretty lousy, I think for larger parcels it would look better as you would not have people so close to the privacy screen.

I could see people using this, along with landscaping to create an illusion of privacy on their parcels, I look forward to seeing how people might do so later on when PBR becomes more adopted and people start experimenting with it.

I would prefer it if LL could create a screen that simply derendered everything outside of your property and kept the natural landscape intact, additionally anyone outside of the property would not be impacted so their view would not be distorted.  

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

From inside of the parcel, it looked okay, but at some angles it came out pretty lousy, I think for larger parcels it would look better as you would not have people so close to the privacy screen.

I wonder if in some cases, a different shape would work "more effectively" for the "user", for instance a "curved" privacy wall?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I wonder if in some cases, a different shape would work "more effectively" for the "user", for instance a "curved" privacy wall?

I have to try that out now 🙃

Snapshot_224.thumb.jpg.d2e920baaa25f5980f13d4eb204425c8.jpg

Snapshot_225.thumb.jpg.bf5ffe03804c2901f603d99c4eddcc17.jpg

It looks pretty good from some angles, the picture above is with me really close to the screen.

Snapshot_227.thumb.jpg.9f72f9f0444d6813887b05d540ee06b2.jpg

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Snapshot_225.thumb.jpg.bf5ffe03804c2901f603d99c4eddcc17.jpg

It looks pretty good from some angles, the picture above is with me really close to the screen.

I really like the soft focus it gives, as if showing an actual photograph (as opposed to the "everything is always sharp in SL" photos). 

Bonus: And without using Photo manipulation tools!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I really like the soft focus it gives, as if showing an actual photograph (as opposed to the "everything is always sharp in SL" photos). 

Bonus: And without using Photo manipulation tools!!

Yeah, I liked that too 🙂 I also like that it is not a static image, that remains in place as you shift your camera around.  If I turn my avatar around the image follows the landscape that it is reflecting.  Where I have it, it almost follows the mountain behind me which is nice.

It also reflects lights though, so it can get distracting.  Otherwise, if I were to use a privacy screen I would use this one.

Snapshot_228.thumb.png.a6ad1e7fd89e8212a897a0b712882422.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Very cool! Did you create the maze?

Yeah, it was pretty easy to make, and has a ton of faults but I'm having fun regardless.   it is like a kaleidoscope in here.  I need some string to find my way out 🤣  Despite the multitude of mirrors bouncing images all around me, my frame rate is 30-40 fps on this old laptop, kudos to LL for this.

Snapshot_251.thumb.png.a4a71761ace412abd7a83c6c8fe6c3cf.png

I added a Christmas tree, some orb lights, a few more different colored prims.  This is pretty trippy, I need to find some pink floyd music to set the mood.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thank you. The "Blab" IS, and always will BE something to reinforce community. It is a collaborative effort that INCLUDES the person being featured. No one will EVER appear on the cover (or in a caption) unless they agree to it. That person will ALWAYS have full veto power over any image used of them, or any caption relating to them. And have creative input.

The National Blab is NOT Virtual Secrets.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

One would tend to think there could be better ways of expressing disdain than someone simply calling it "the Blob".  That is blatantly insulting. It IS a POSITIVE cooperative effort between everyone involved. INCLUDING anyone featured. Maybe express WHY you feel there is something wrong with it?  Maybe not simply deprecating something that you have no understanding of?  I'm sure you're capable of expression in a more positive way.

Edited by Bagnu