Group Chat Ongoing Conversation

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 967 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Something needs to happen .. group chat is a platform tent pole feature and the backbones of SL socialization.

That group are increasing moving outside of SL to Discord (of all places) is a disaster, the community and friendships will persist but unless it's linked to Second Life in some way, it wont stay in Second Life.

With the upcoming mobile client, we are going to need a robust group chat system that works when logged in world AND from the mobile app.

Mobile messaging, group chat and a vulkan render engine are essential to SL's long term survival and relevance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Something needs to happen .. group chat is a platform tent pole feature and the backbones of SL socialization.

That group are increasing moving outside of SL to Discord (of all places) is a disaster, the community and friendships will persist but unless it's linked to Second Life in some way, it wont stay in Second Life.

With the upcoming mobile client, we are going to need a robust group chat system that works when logged in world AND from the mobile app.

Mobile messaging, group chat and a vulkan render engine are essential to SL's long term survival and relevance.

Truthfully if discord was open and allowed it's system to be integrated with different types of platforms or back ends,  I could see it being VERY beneficial to SL.  

• Like 2

I wonder what the current scale of operations is?  Imagine this:  Years ago we were told there are more groups with online member accounts than there are online accounts.  I don't wanna do the math on that model.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 967 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.