Pet My Meeroo!

Melita Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Meeroo...the mythical creature, the breedable pet, and the interactive social network.

They are now in Second Life. 

Do you have a Meeroo zoo? Do your Meeroo need some attention? If you have Meeroo then you know your Meeroo are happier if they are often petted and held. You can't always be there, so the Meeroo HUD allows anyone to pet them in your absence. This way it becomes a social network, with fellowships, or even just random act of meeroo kindness strangers who will go from Meeroo location to location helping out.

It's a great way to meet people, and turns out it's also really soothing and fun. And it's free just to wear the HUD. 

So I thought I'd invite you all to "Pet My Meeroo" and in return if you post your Meeroo pix and location here I will come and pet yours too. Tell us about your pets, and let's go help each other out, visit each other's Meeroo and explore Second Life and meet some new people. 

Meet my Meeroo. (I have zero affiliation with the people who make them, just got mine yesterday. It's the first breedable I had any interest in and already I'm floored by these things. So I want to hear about yours too.)  :)

I have two locations so far. 

One location is at Mermaid Beach, Moderate land rating. They are playing on a small patio up near the CR.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Binneed/9/219/32

Here they are hatching:

Meeroo Hatching at Mermaid Beach sm.png

And in closeup: 

Jezebel & Vante Meeroo Closeup sm.png

The second (so far) location is at the G rated children's park. The Meeroo are playing up by the playhouse.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Krypto/43/208/69

Here, three of them newly hatched, go to their home stump to commune with...whatever MeeRoo think about.

Newly Hatched Meeroo 1 June 2011 sm.png

One of them leapt into my arms. 

Melita with Choklit Meeroo sm.png

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any Meeroos. They are very cute, though; better looking than most of the breedables I've seen. I may get one (!) sometime down the road and have it "neutered" (converted to a pet that I don't have to pet or feed, and can keep in inventory if I want); I need a pet that needs looking after like I need a prim baby!

These are pics of some Meeroos in the "mystical forest" that I kind of threw together (okay, so it's really mostly a prefab that I edited heavily) for some of my friends who are in the Amaretto Horse and Meeroo business:

Snapshot_007.jpg
Snapshot_018.jpg

Anyone can go and pet the Meeroos there. It's through the "mystical gate" in the hedge at:
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Pure%20One/154/185/2000
secondlife://Pure%20One/154/185/2000

Say Griffin, the SLurl doesn't seem to be valid... Awww, I wanted to pet a Meeroo so much! :smileysad:

This being said, I agree with you: I will get a Meeroo when it doesn't have to be breeded. Even the prim baby I have can sleep in my inventory without yelling for cuddles or milk bottle!:smileyvery-happy: The breedable pets concept in SL is something I really cannot understand. RL pets give me work enough, I can't imagine reprocuding this in SL!

@valerie: Hmmm. Those URLs work for me...

You can get a Meeroo and have it "neutered" (transformed into a pet) :smileywink:

What's a Mee-Pet Transformation?
We offer a transformation service that will allow your Meeroo to become a non breeding pet, this will mean that you no longer have to buy them food, and they will not starve or run away to the wild.
This is a one time use and will cost L$1500

Thanks for the replies.

Valerie: I always felt that way about breedables, too. One thing that won me over while reading up on these is that if I get bored in future, get tired of buying food, or just am not good at it, I can turn them into regular pets, to similar effect. All they can't do then is breed. But they also never need to eat again or anything else except hop around your land. Lol

You're welcome to come pet my Meeroo anytime you want.

Storm: noooo! I'll set out a shish-kebab detector to protect my new lil' darlings.

Griffin: Looks pretty awesome! I didn't have time yet to make any sort off fabulous setting as I've seen some people have for their Meeroo. This morning I was trying to think of different habitats I might set up for them. (And Storm, none of those include a grill!)

Griffin I'll stop by your friend's Meeroo zoo next time I am in world. Thanks :)  Who else has Meeroo and what do you think about them? 

I just finished a new home for all my Meeroos today and moved them all minutes ago (got 22 babies so far and have 46 in total :smileyvery-happy:), they are soooo cute, but they need a lot of attention though and I LOVE EM ...anyone that wants to see please feel free to have a look here *meows*

MEEROOS1.jpg

MEEROOS3.jpgMEEROOS2.jpg

LoveAngeL Lyre wrote:

They look sooooo cute! :smileyhappy:

Thanks! They are, aren't they? The physical appearance, animation and AI are very well and cleverly done. When my 'favorite meeroo' leapt into my arms, I was sunk.

Wildcat: What a gorgeous habitat. I'm impressed! Wow. 

And...OMG that one is enormous! LOL :D

I'll stop by everyone's habitat and see to their Meeroo I promise. :)  I think the HUD will only allow 10 (other people's) Meeroo to be pet per hour but I'll work it out. :)

(Edited cos: I meant AI, not AO. Lol)

Melita Magic wrote:

Valerie: I always felt that way about breedables, too. One thing that won me over while reading up on these is that if I get bored in future, get tired of buying food, or just am not good at it, I can turn them into regular pets, to similar effect. All they can't do then is breed. But they also never need to eat again or anything else except hop around your land. Lol

Melita, I bought one meeroo last night and now I would like to know how to turn it to a regular pet. It is sooooo lovely but I 'am really not into the breeing thing, lol! :smileyvery-happy:

ty Melita :smileyvery-happy: *meows*

PETTING MEEROOS (as taken from the official user guide)

Petting a Meeroo™ can be fun! You must be within 3 meters to pet a Meeroo™!

Click on a nearby Meeroo™
Select the STATUS Tab on your HUD
Click the PET button. You will automatically kneel down and begin petting the selected Meeroo™.

A Meeroo will emit a Blue Glow for 30 seconds after you have pet it. This will help you identify the ones you have already pet when many are clustered together. 

You DO NOT get Regard for petting your own Meeroos. But if you visit friends who own them, you can pet up to 10 Meeroos™ every (4) four hours! This is one way to gain Regard in the Meeroos™ Society, as well and increase the Regard pool of each Meeroo™ you pet belonging to your friends or Fellowship members!

WHO CAN INTERACT & HOW

YOUR FRIENDS: Friends with a HUD can visit you and pet the Meeroos (Up to 10 of them) that you own! They will earn Regard Points themselves and also their interactions will reward the Meeroos™ they pet with Regard Points!

You can give a copy of your HUD to any friends without one so they can pet your Meeroos™, but they must have a Wonderful World of Meeroos™ HUD to execute the action!

YOUR FELLOWSHIP: Fellowships are a cooperative collective of people working together! You have the option of setting your Meeroos™, food bowls and Home Stumps to Fellowship Mode so that your Fellowship Members can interact with them! ALWAYS have on your HUD when setting an object to Fellowship Mode – without your HUD attached the object does not know which Fellowship your object belongs to!

Val, if you don't feed them they will run to the wild after 3 days ..... :matte-motes-crying: contact one of the CSR's on this website here and ask for below action;

What's a Mee-Pet Transformation?
We offer a transformation service that will allow your Meeroo to become a non breeding pet, this will mean that you no longer have to buy them food, and they will not starve or run away to the wild.
This is a one time use and will cost L$1500

*meows*

Melita Magic wrote:

Meeroo...the mythical creature, the breedable pet, and the interactive social network.

They are now in Second Life. 

Do you have a Meeroo zoo? Do your Meeroo need some attention? If you have Meeroo then you know your Meeroo are happier if they are often petted and held. You can't always be there, so the Meeroo HUD allows anyone to pet them in your absence. This way it becomes a social network, with fellowships, or even just random act of meeroo kindness strangers who will go from Meeroo location to location helping out.

It's a great way to meet people, and turns out it's also really soothing and fun. And it's free just to wear the HUD. 

So I thought I'd invite you all to "Pet My Meeroo" and in return if you post your Meeroo pix and location here I will come and pet yours too. Tell us about your pets, and let's go help each other out, visit each other's Meeroo and explore Second Life and meet some new people. 

Meet my Meeroo. (I have zero affiliation with the people who make them, just got mine yesterday. It's the first breedable I had any interest in and already I'm floored by these things. So I want to hear about yours too.)  
:)

I have two locations so far. 

One location is at Mermaid Beach, Moderate land rating. They are playing on a small patio up near the CR.

Here they are hatching:

Meeroo Hatching at Mermaid Beach sm.png

And in closeup: 

Jezebel & Vante Meeroo Closeup sm.png

The second (so far) location is at the G rated children's park. The Meeroo are playing up by the playhouse.

Here, three of them newly hatched, go to their home stump to commune with...whatever MeeRoo think about.

Newly Hatched Meeroo 1 June 2011 sm.png

One of them leapt into my arms. 

Melita with Choklit Meeroo sm.png

Wow they are cute indeed.  My Lady would love one of them!  She could put them with her horses.  Sigh!

Peace!

I added another Meeroo location - this one is in the sky so wear your flight feather/flight band just in case. 

This one isn't too fancy yet either. I just haven't had time to set up the fancy stuff yet.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Binneed/91/167/3453

One male to three compatible females up there. Woohoo!  I wanted to find a mate for my favorite and did I ever. Lol They all came from the treasure chest so it was serendipitous.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Melita, I bought one meeroo last night and now I would like to know how to turn it to a regular pet. It is sooooo lovely but I 'am really not into the breeing thing, lol! :smileyvery-happy:

You buy a special food for it. That turns it into a pet. It won't run away, won't need to eat, and won't ever breed. 

It wasn't until after I had bought the meeroo that I read the fine print: The special pet food cost 1500 per Meeroo. Ouch!

Hippie: Awww. Thanks for the post. I warn anybody, these things are addictive, like chocolate and raspberries.

:)

I got the fave Meeroo set up with some mates, finally; he has his own sky condo to get his groove going - LOL - Now I can go pet people's Meeroo from this topic as I had promised. Woot.

BTW I put in a treasure finder tonight. The official shops don't sell those but, there are several to choose from on Marketplace. I got a middle of the range priced mushroom for 350L that detects treasure - this after I  missed out on four treasures within a few minutes! Treasure only stays out for about 10 minutes then it texts  you that it's gone. :(  Wish I had known that beforehand!  So I recommend putting a treasure finder near your Meeroo. (ETA: I hear the cheaper ones work just as nicely.)

Treasures the Meeroos dig up help raise your game level, and other stuff, I'm not sure what. 

I would encourage everyone to visit Wildcat's Meeroo - I stopped by and it so happened she was there when I did. We had a nice chat, and I petted some of her Meeroo.

Petting someone else's Meeroo raises the comfort level of their Meeroo if it is below 100% at the time. It also increases your own "Regard" in your HUD, which helps you to level up, and I'm not sure what more. But it's also just fun.

I promise to stop by the other locations next time I am in Second Life. The HUD will only allow petting other people's Meeroo up to 10 individual Meeroo every hour, or every four hours, or something like that...So next time I'm in world I will make the next round. :)

Wildcat & Melita @ Wildcat Sim sm.png

Josephina Bonetto wrote:

I
got my first  meero today, Lulzy,and I don't do breedables.  He lives in my outdoor club via my picks on my profile.  I bought him from a friend.  He likes visitors but I'm still figuring it all out.

Congrats! Aren't they cute? 

I'm still learning too. I'm trying to figure out what the whole 'fellowship' thing means. 

I want to do this experiment where I see what comes from just waiting for the boxed meeroo to have offspring. Then, mix those up (they won't breed with close relatives btw), and see, until at least three generations. Then I might, probably, open up the breeding program to other people's/guest Meeroos (Lol.) 

All that to say that, if you keep just one of course no worries about its breeding, you'd only need to buy it food, or turn it into a pet with their 1500 $L one-use pet food. But, if you did want to, without buying another Meeroo, I could add you to my Fellowship at some point and then your Meeroo could eat the food at my locations, and your Meeroo could er fall in love with a compatible Meeroo of its choice. (They're not all compatible to breed - it's based on the personality types.)

In other words see how it goes and if you want to branch out a bit, later on, give me an IM shout :)

Wildcat: Thanks so much! Everyone, she has tons of Meeroo and some horses and it's very impressive. Very organized stables, with them divided into little families. So cute. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.