Pet My Meeroo!

Melita Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that positive contribution to the topic.

Meeroo are not lag monsters, or I wouldn't have any. Besides that, I have way more prims than I am rezzing anything animated. I have checked sim stats and the sims are performing very well.

I really doubt my handful of Meeroo on my half region is hurting anything or anybody. How much do you know about them really, and why did you try to turn this into an argument? It's meant to be a postiive community sharing type of topic. Meeroo 'sleep' when no avatar is nearby, and I've put them in less trafficked areas of any land they are on, which I own and pay tier for. I'm not crowding a small parcel to the gills with as many as I can fit in.

I have two Meeroo on another parcel which is about 20k meters, much of the rest of the sim is empty, as it happens. The other land owner has some horses at land and sky levels, so I doubt he cares either. Why do you?

Agree Pussycat but the Meeroos have been scripted very well and turn them selves off if the sim stats get too low.  As well they turn themselves off if no one is around.  I check my sim stats regularily and they run very little script time.  I have well over a hundred of them and the sim runs great.  You can also choose between more than 6 activity levels to accomodate your parcel.

I have not had breedables before because of the lag they create but these are really different and just lovely company.

Dnali Anabuki wrote:

Agree Pussycat but the Meeroos have been scripted very well and turn them selves off if the sim stats get too low.

That's what the bunny people, horse people, and even chicken folks all claimed as well.

Frankly I'm of opinion that my post is more positive on this than any other post on these SL-horrors. Anything promoting banning of them or restricting them to private estate sims would be positive...

You cannot post about something seen as a threat to the grid by many and not expect some commentary, when the OP itself is seen as promoting something negative. And my comments are mild compared to what some discussion of these things can dip into.

Dnali Anabuki wrote:

Agree Pussycat but the Meeroos have been scripted very well and turn them selves off if the sim stats get too low.  As well they turn themselves off if no one is around.  I check my sim stats regularily and they run very little script time.  I have well over a hundred of them and the sim runs great.  You can also choose between more than 6 activity levels to accomodate your parcel.

I have not had breedables before because of the lag they create but these are really different and just lovely company.

This. Anyone saying otherwise is speaking out their tail. 

It's the first breedable I've had any interest in either, for the above reasons. This, despite a rather unpleasant run-in with one of the creators. Still, a good product is a good product (I see many things I wish I could change, or suggest for the future, but I'll save that due to what I just mentioned.) They are fun little creatures, and that is what SL should be about, in my opinion. Fun.

Thanks for taking part in the fun Hippie!

Aren't her Meeroo cute? Standing there hearing them all trill and coo made me smile. I think it's a positive step forward in the animated pet field. There are some animated cats and dogs with a good AI (non breedable) too but I can never get their store to rez when I try to go! I have Zooby but never take them out of Inventory. 

I do wish the Meeroo had some interactive toys. From what I hear there's no open source, which IMO is a mistake. User content always prolongs shelf life.

I went to visit Griffin's friend's Meeroo, and snapped this pic of the beta gift. Beta testers got this Clover Meeroo, which does not pass on any special traits, it's like a regular Meeroo in all but appearance. It does not pass on Clover traits so that only Beta people will ever have one. But it's cute, huh? It's glowing because I just pet it.

I  had a good time visiting all the Meeroo, and raised my Regard and game level petting them. So I hope more people will post their Meeroo & Locations.

Clover Gurl Meeroo sm.png

You can buy a nest which has the personality, appearance, gender etc. visible, from another Meeroo owner.

ETA: (If you type Meeroo in Second Life search, in Places, you will find many Meeroo markets. Looks like there are even auctions. I'm not that into breeding the perfect Meeroo so I don't do auctions. I'm more into seeing what becomes of the first set I rezzed.)

Or you can go to one of two official stores, and buy them in a box. The box comes with a home stump and a food bowl. The food bowl lasts for a week or two depending on the kit you bought.

I think you can only buy their food and home stump or home statue at an official store. Same with the pet food that turns one into a pet forever. One official store is in Twas. I forgot where the other one was. (ETA I see their website doesn't even list the 2nd but I saw their creator post 2 stores/ sim URLs in group chat. Hmm maybe despite what their FAQ says, those SLurls are on top of the FAQ page.)

Here is their official website.

If you type Meeroo in the Second Life marketplace, you will find some accessories made by third parties. There are treasure finders, which I recommend. I've bought three different ones now and am not completely happy with any but they do the basic job of alerting you if a Meeroo digs up treasure. That's because after about 10 minutes the treasure poofs.

I'm hoping there will be more diversity soon. Most Meeroo are taupe or wine-brown, with the same body shapes so far.

Wicked Galaxy wrote:

thank you so much for the very helpful information!

I will be checking out the website today.

Wiki

Very welcome. Anything else just ask. Have fun :)

Hippie: WTG! They look very happy.

At my locations btw everyone, I have some signs. Click one and you get free sign textures. Click the other you get the free HUD and info like how to pet them, which ones can be compatible together, etc. 

None of mine have bred yet. I'm not sure how long it takes. Anyone who's gotten baby ones know?

Im acutally at Twas right now..

Im not sure I want to do the breeding so I may invest the 1500 for a *pet* one.

Im also not sure I want to just buy a box and see what I get..lol

had something more specific in mind, so an auction may be the way for me.

thanks again!

Wiki

OK, so now I have mine. She's a shy female type (like me, lol). I have this problem when I wear the hud: she's not recognized as mine and the pet button says "you have be closer to pet the Meeroo". I cannot get any closer than 50 or 60 cm! Where did I go wrong? :smileysurprised: Aside this problem, she is fine, hunger and comfort 100%... But not being able to pet her is really frustratlng! LOL, guess what she told me in local chat when I took her in my arms : put me down so I can go back to play....

/grumbles. All kids are the same. You feed them and love them and you get no gratitude at all! :smileyvery-happy:

You're welcome.

If you want to make sure what you are getting ahead of time, I wouldn't do an auction. Those can go sky high and are mainly for the rare ones.

If you just want a pet one, I'd shop around at the various markets. If you jump off the market in Twas you will land on the market place below. Some people have some nests for sale there. You can also find many many Meeroo markets in search which have nests.

Shop around and get the best price you can. Then go back to the official store and pop for the one-use pet food to turn it into a pet. Buying a boxed one would be a waste for that because it comes with food and home stump and that is part of the price. Pets do not need those.

valerie Inshan wrote:

OK, so now I have mine. She's a shy female type (like me, lol). I have this problem when I wear the hud: she's not recognized as mine and the pet button says "you have be closer to pet the Meeroo". I cannot get any closer than 50 or 60 cm! Where did I go wrong? :smileysurprised: Aside this problem, she is fine, hunger and comfort 100%... But not being able to pet her is really frustratlng! LOL, guess what she told me in local chat when I took her in my arms : put me down so I can go back to play....

/grumbles. All kids are the same. You feed them and love them and you get no gratitude at all! :smileyvery-happy:

Haha :)  Congrats on your new Meeroo. :)

My favorite Meeroo is also a Shy. When I read that in his description I thought, aww. It's a male winecoat I named Choklit. He's now in a sky condo with three Meeroo mates, now I just have to wait for Meeroo Nature to take its course Lol.

For now they are all still kids. Choklit is the one that first jumped into my arms, and asks to be cuddled the most. Imagine that since he was already my fave. That is kinda nice. And he said the same as yours when I held him too long. Let me go and play. haha

Not sure why the female wouldn't be recognized in the HUD. Did you rez the home stump and food? Did you put the home stump in a fellowship but not the Meeroo? I'm not sure. But I don't know if it says your name in the HUD or only a fellowship's name. If it's working it is probably okay. I find the website and manual to be incomplete, very, about situations like these.

ETA: I just checked my HUD and it doesn't say my name or Fellowship name anywhere in it. If you click the Meeroo, click Fellowship, you can dedicate that one to your Fellowship if you have one. I made one, if anyone would like to join it let me know, but it isn't necessary.  You can also make your own fellowship for free. Click your home stump I think that's how. For a pair to mate they have to either both be in or out of your fellowship. Maybe some of that info might help you Valerie.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.