Gambling or not gambling ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

So it's based on your billing address? Simple...change your payment source to a different billing address.  My daughter lives in CA. If I used her CC then it would show CA as my place of residence.  What about the people that don't have a billing address at all? You don't need a CC or billing information to have a SL account as far as I can remember.

You initially asked how LL knew where you were.  I mentioned the billing information and billing address.  Telling people how to get around the rules is probably not a great idea.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Telling people how to get around the rules is probably not a great idea.  

I'm pretty sure people are smart enough here to figure that out on their own. My point was simply that your billing  address does not always indicate what state you live in.  However, that still doesn't tell LL where all the free accounts come from. The ones that have no billing information and address.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I'm pretty sure people are smart enough here to figure that out on their own. My point was simply that your billing  address does not always indicate what state you live in.  However, that still doesn't tell LL where all the free accounts come from. The ones that have no billing information and address.

True but in order to enter the gaming regions, you need billing info on file and used.  Isn't that what we were discussing?  Gaming regions and the people from states who aren't allowed there?  Not sure where free accounts came into it.  Free accounts can have payment info on file

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.