Parcel Radio Question

StrongZer0

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking for a radio that does one of two things. Can someone help me locate this?

1. Allow different avatars to listen to different channels on the same parcel

and/or

2. Not change my land audio URL and fade as one gets further away from the prim

I have an XRadio and it is great, but it is very prim heavy at 15 LI and years ago I had a radio that would allow different avatars to listen to different streams on the same parcel. However, for the life of me, I cannot find a light LI radio to do either. So, if anyone who can search better than I can, is willing to give me some direction, it is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

On 4/29/2021 at 4:40 AM, StrongZer0 said:

I'm looking for a radio that does one of two things. Can someone help me locate this?

1. Allow different avatars to listen to different channels on the same parcel

and/or

2. Not change my land audio URL and fade as one gets further away from the prim

I have an XRadio and it is great, but it is very prim heavy at 15 LI and years ago I had a radio that would allow different avatars to listen to different streams on the same parcel. However, for the life of me, I cannot find a light LI radio to do either. So, if anyone who can search better than I can, is willing to give me some direction, it is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

I believe that is shared media. it used to be called Media On Prim. It does not use the parcel media or audio stream, so it bypasses land restrictions. There is also a function that allows playing external media to a specific user. I've seen those standalone radios you mentioned in skybox or skydome rentals over the years. There are some still for sale on the marketplace, but you really need to investigate them to be sure they still work properly and are not old scripts. 

You can play two music streams on the same parcel by setting the parcel audio stream (sound) to one thing, and also setting the Media to an audio stream. That gives you two music streams on a parcel. It won't fade out as you walk away from an object, but it is the easiest solution. 

Edited by Markham Weatherwax

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.