Request for information re: linden ex fees.

ErikWall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I just read the post regarding the rearranging of fees for purchasing Lindens, and a thought hit me. Is it possible to get a transaction record/receipt of all the Linden Ex fess over the course of the year? I would imagine its someplace but I am unsure where to find and print it. For large business/land holders the fees are a tax benefit if you are declaring your income.

Edited by ErikWall
typo

49 minutes ago, ErikWall said:

So I just read the post regarding the rearranging of fees for purchasing Lindens, and a thought hit me. Is it possible to get a transaction record/receipt of all the Linden Ex fess over the course of the year? I would imagine its someplace but I am unsure where to find and print it. For large business/land holders the fees are a tax benefit if you are declaring your income.

the Lindex sends receipts.. if you kept those you might have a record for your purchases, but there's no mentioning of the fees only, just totals.
Perhaps have to make a screenshot from the purchase screen, it's mentioned there before you click to buy.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

Just this month, LL change the way the "Buy L$" information is recorded in your Account History -- not L$ Transaction History.   

image.png.d25c068e8f438d512decd2b027392d02.png

The Account History lists all of your US $ transactions and it is available for everyone back to the beginning of your time in SL.  It now has a separate line showing how much of an L$ Buy was the transaction fee.  Likewise, I imagine that it will now also show the Sell fee and Credit Processing fee.

image.png.d6f583069d168372f3390dc76320789d.png

That information is new -- it was not there for a Buy order that I did last month.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Just this month, LL change the way the "Buy L$" information is recorded in your Account History -- not L$ Transaction History.   

image.png.d25c068e8f438d512decd2b027392d02.png

The Account History lists all of your US $ transactions and it is available for everyone back to the beginning of your time in SL.  It now has a separate line showing how much of an L$ Buy was the transaction fee.  Likewise, I imagine that it will now also show the Sell fee and Credit Processing fee.

image.png.d6f583069d168372f3390dc76320789d.png

That information is new -- it was not there for a Buy order that I did last month.

They ought to add that info to their blog post.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

the Lindex sends receipts.. if you kept those you might have a record for your purchases, but there's no mentioning of the fees only, just totals.
Perhaps have to make a screenshot from the purchase screen, it's mentioned there before you click to buy.

I went back and checked a couple of the emails that I have.  While they do not specifically say what the fee was, it can still be determined from the info in the email.  The email basically says "Your buy order for L$nnnn at L$xxx/US$1.00 has been filled for a net cost of US$nnn".   You can then calculate how much of the US$ amount was truly for the L$, and thus how much was the fee.

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I went back and checked a couple of the emails that I have.  While they do not specifically say what the fee was, it can still be determined from the info in the email.  The email basically says "Your buy order for L$nnnn at L$xxx/US$1.00 has been filled for a net cost of US$nnn".   You can then calculate how much of the US$ amount was truly for the L$, and thus how much was the fee.

yes true, but normally for tax purpose you really need the document stating what the costs were

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

yes true, but normally for tax purpose you really need the document stating what the costs were

True.

A screenshot isn't really any better since orders can be placed -- showing the fee -- and then cancelled so that the user doesn't actually pay the fee.

With the new info on the Account History, people can print a PDF version of each month's info.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.