Cost for exceeding prim limit on Mainland parcel

KenzieMilian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

Simply put, I link a lot of objects. Is there a cost that LL charges you for exceeding your mainland prim limit? Ive unlinked to edit before and got a negative prim count and now im scared.

Any tips or advice is appreciated. Is it smart to keep a certain amount of prims available on a parcel for any reason (cost wise that is)?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KenzieMilian said:

Hi all,

Simply put, I link a lot of objects. Is there a cost that LL charges you for exceeding your mainland prim limit? Ive unlinked to edit before and got a negative prim count and now im scared.

Any tips or advice is appreciated. Is it smart to keep a certain amount of prims available on a parcel for any reason (cost wise that is)?

If the prim/LI limit of a parcel is exceeded by unlinking items or changing item properties then some things will automatically be returned to you until you are under the limit.  If you try to rez an item that will put you over the limit, typically that item won't rez, but every now and then the item will rez and instead other stuff will get returned.  The returned stuff is random -- no way of predicting what will get returned.

There is no charge for such, because the system just doesn't let the parcel actually have too many Prims/LI

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

I'll add to the suggestion about the sandbox. Keep that copy around. If you mess up your build, a copy in inventory is very handy.

I like to write the coordinates of the 'root prim' of any massive linkset into the description section of that whole thing. Coordinates and rotation. That way if I do have to put it out again I can figure out where it goes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I like to write the coordinates of the 'root prim' of any massive linkset into the description section of that whole thing. Coordinates and rotation. That way if I do have to put it out again I can figure out where it goes.

This has saved me many headaches over the years.  It is especially useful when bouncing around various parcels for the same type of Linden Home.

22 hours ago, KenzieMilian said:

Hi all,

You should make sure you are getting an accurate reading.

One glitch I've found is that if I attempt to read the prim count of a sim from the next sim over, it may say scary things like "10,000 waiting to be deleted" seemingly if it is overloaded. So I need to be on that sim proper to take its reading. Sometimes I need to re-log if I've removed some large-prim item to read it again.

The rule was for many years that if you attempt to put out a prim and it goes over the limit, it bounces back, and you get a message that the parcel is full.

With some things that may be put out in your absence, say, chess pieces, these could put it over the limit, and the way it used to work, and works if bug-free, is that it returns non-group prims first, then group-set. But I see the system violating that rule sometimes.

There's a widespread believe that "temp-rez" means it "doesn't use any prims". But it does use the prims from a buffer, and even if temporarily, that's still a minute or so, and that can also push it into overload if enough of them.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.