Linden Homes

WanderingSoul

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, WanderingSoul said:

I am a premium member and I was  wanting to get a houseboat or house on stilts over water, but its not showing any of those as an option.  Does that mean that there's none available?

If a particular style is not showing then there are none currently available.  You only option is to take a different style or just keep trying on the land page. I know that Houseboats do still pop up now and then from people abandoning them and there might still be more Stilt regions to be released.  

Keep an eye on the below thread for info about possible upcoming region releases:

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Well, it has a lot to do.with people having numerous premium accounts and playing this thing called Game of Homes.  What they fail to understand is that in their quest to find that perfect spot or heaven knows what reason, they swoop in and grab homes as soon as.they are available leaving new people nothing to choose from.  They must be stalking the home page 24/7 ffs.

I've read through that thread mentioned and frankly, I wish LL would put an end to it.  Someone finally deciding to go premium and not being able to get a decent home is ridiculous.  

If you can wait a couple of weeks, there's a new theme release coming up so there'll be more abandons of other themes from people wanting to give the Chalets a try. We saw the same thing when the Stilts were released; for a few weeks after that, every type was consistently available.

(There will be at least one houseboat abandon for sure - mine - because I REALLY want a chalet).

So, am I to understand that SL is rationing out ones and zeros and the not all the houses they bragged about are available all the time?

That would been been really good information to have before investing in premium status.

Edit: And right after I wrote this, a traditional home opened up. Go figure.

Edited by Zane McDonnell
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zane McDonnell said:

That would been been really good information to have before investing in premium status.

agree that it should be stated on the knowledge base article that each style of Linden Homes is subject to availability. Is not exactly clear for new people that this in the case

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zane McDonnell said:

So, am I to understand that SL is rationing out ones and zeros and the not all the houses they bragged about are available all the time?

Edit: And right after I wrote this, a traditional home opened up. Go figure.

They aren't actually "rationing" them.  That implies that they are holding on to homes that are created and ready, but not releasing them.   Well, they sort of do this for brand new Themes because they don't release a new Theme until they have a super big batch of thousands ready to go.

They started building 2 years ago and they have to build 60,000 or so, maybe more now.  That process was going to take them a few years, so they started releasing batches as they were created.  Big releases of new Themes periodically and smaller releases of various themes as they were able to create more regions.

The signup pages definitely need some comments about the availability of the new Linden Homes.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Thank you for the response. I just have a hard time grasping the idea of a lack of ones and zeros.

My frustration was the same four or five, less than exciting options, when I wanted either a traditional, log, or Victorian home. They don't tell you that what you want might not be there when you sign up.

2 minutes ago, Zane McDonnell said:

They don't tell you that what you want might not be there when you sign up.

That part has always been true, even with the older Linden Homes - and there were times when some models of those older homes were all 'sold out'.

Then again, it has been said many times, that LL needs to offer more details about various things at signup time.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.