Ok so I want to know how this is ok in secondlife?

Nova Enchantment

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok so I own some man land in a sim where someone has a adult themed club. Ok I'm sitting on my own parcel and this guys guest sends me a message. Call me all kinds of nasty names is there best way to say it. Not only to me buy a friend on my parcel. So we blocked the person ok cool. and I asked the club owner to deal with his guests on the matter at hand. Only to be told in this order.

1) did I read his rules?  (no I did not read your club rules in a sim we share as land owners in.)

2) You must obey my rules (So ever one in the sim has to let your guest bash them with such names)

3) Do not tell me to deal with my guest in any manner. (Ok so I reported him to linden labs)

So my thing is what do I do if Linden labs fails to deal with his club and he allows her guests to come into a main land region and just start calling people hate words because his rules say they can? Where do I go from here if linden labs over looks this. Any ideas. No I'm not going to move from my parcel me and my friends did nothing wrong but hang at my house and noting more! 

It can be a misunderstanding. Maybe he thought you were in his club, and then, you submit yourself to be treated as his rules say.

Did you make it clear that you were in your land, you did never enter the club?

Do you own the plot or are you renting? You are not renting from the club owner?

His guests are pigs. But that is clear already since they go to his club. He is not going to say anything to his guests, because he want to keep them. And pigs will find another stry, and the club owner sit without traffic.

Will LL do anything about it? I find it not likely, unless he has racist, nazist or child p0rn up in his club. All sort of sexual activity is allowed in SL, also offending talk.

All who sign up in SL are adults, and LL expect them to do as you did, mute the other. LL is not going to save you from dirty talk. We have all experienced it, and other places than next to an adult club. In sandboxes when we build, on moderate land, and when we shop. Muting and forget is the only thing. It is no need to reply. It makes them feel good, if they understand you get angry. They love it to get an angry reply. Because they know then, that you read what they say. Total silence is best.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nova Enchantment said:

So my thing is what do I do if Linden labs fails to deal with his club and he allows her guests to come into a main land region and just start calling people hate words because his rules say they can? Where do I go from here if linden labs over looks this. Any ideas.

Linden will only act when there is a ToS violation. In the first instance it only becomes a violation when the conversation is abusive, like the club patron. Who from what you said, most likely didn't realise that your parcel was not part of the club parcel and so the IM

we deal with this on a individual basis, until such time as there is a series of abusive IMs being received

at which time (a series of abuse) the club owner can then become liable as the serial harassment of you is originating from their parcel. Each time this happens: block the patron, file abuse report, and reference in your Abuse Report the previous abuse report(s). Create a paper trail showing a pattern of abuse originating from the club owner's parcel

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, JemimaFlame said:

So why don't you go to your land settings and take it off as not allowing people to contact you from other parcels it's really easy.. I think?

I do not think it applies to incoming IM's, as it says "chat" and as I understand it, IM's are not chat. But I am happy to be corrected.

But do this, and set yourself in Busy mode, and your guests also in Busy mode. Incoming IM's are stopped, and you can chat with visitors in local chat. Or use voice.

Just now, Marianne Little said:

I do not think it applies to incoming IM's, as it says "chat" and as I understand it, IM's are not chat. But I am happy to be corrected.

But do this, and set yourself in Busy mode, and your guests also in Busy mode. Incoming IM's are stopped, and you can chat with visitors in local chat. Or use voice.

I wasn't absolutely sure I was just hoping I was right for the sake of the person who was asking the question.  👍

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.